Multiple passwords for user in external .ACL file

Matthew Ewing

Apr 29, 2021, 4:07:47 PM4/29/21
to Redis DB
I have a current use case where I need to declare a user in an external ACL file with multiple passwords. I know multiple passwords are supported given that I can do this via the CLI; however, I cannot figure out the format for how to do this in an external ACL file.

Currently I do something like this with success:
"user default +@all ~* on >password1"

But I'd like to be able to set multiple passwords for this user, for example something like this:
"user default +@all ~* on >password1 >password2"

Unfortunately, this does not work and results in only the first password being accepted. I've attempted to break this into multiple commands and tried multiple other formats to no avail. I have looked all over for documentation or anyone who has tried to do this but can't seem find anything. Can anyone point me towards any documentation that exists for now to format this in an external ACL file? I would greatly appreciate any assistance..

Matthew Ewing

Apr 30, 2021, 8:12:42 AM4/30/21
to Redis DB
Finally figured this out. Someone confirmed for me that what I am trying to do actually works, so I changed what I was attempting to debug and found that the .conf file was pointing to the ACL for another DB.

Itamar Haber

Apr 30, 2021, 9:00:12 AM4/30/21
to Redis DB