Replication across slave not working

Amar Sharma

May 14, 2023, 8:00:55 AM5/14/23
to Redis DB
Hi Redis Team,

We have a set up of a Master and 2 slave . Sentinel is used to monitor the cluster and take care of the automatic failover.

One of the slave which was part of the cluster had restart.
After it joined the cluster back, the read request to the slave started failing with this slave. However with the other slave the read was working fine.

We suspect that the issue we are encountering could potentially be related to the replication between the master and slave instances, particularly after the slave instance underwent a restart.

Sharing a recurring log message that we have observed multiple times

1:S 09 May 2023 17:38:19.600 * Master is currently unable to PSYNC but should be in the future: -NOMASTERLINK Can't SYNC while not connected with my master

Is there any known issue related to the observations in Redis 6?

Looking forward to your expert advice and assistance in resolving the replication issue.

Regards
Amar Sharma