[RELEASE] Redis 7.0.4 is out!

re...@redis.io

Jul 18, 2022, 9:28:19 AM7/18/22
to Redis mailing list

Hi friends,

We've just released Redis 7.0.4. This patch release addresses a security issue with Redis 7.0 - here are the release notes:

Upgrade urgency: SECURITY, contains fixes to security issues.

Security Fixes:

  • (CVE-2022-31144) A specially crafted XAUTOCLAIM command on a stream
    key in a specific state may result with heap overflow, and potentially
    remote code execution. The problem affects Redis versions 7.0.0 or newer.

Cheers,
The Redis core team

Loon Chang

Jul 19, 2022, 12:01:05 PM7/19/22
to Redis DB
great! good to know.

Shay Ben Yaish

Aug 31, 2022, 5:54:48 AM8/31/22
to Redis DB
Hello
Thank you very much for the version update.
I have 2 questions:
1. Why is there no redis server in the src folder?
2. Is there a guide on updating a version? I found the following guide:

mkdir Downloads
cd Downloads
wget https://download.redis.io/releases/redis-6.0.8.tar.gz
tar -xvf redis-6.0.8.tar.gz