Is there a way/command to trace high cpu on redis

Ankit Gupta

Sep 27, 2021, 9:06:47 AM9/27/21
to Redis DB
Hi Experts,

We are observing a very high cpu(around 80%) on redis node for fraction of seconds.

1. Is there a way we can trace the usage ?
2. Can we get some alerts on the runtime?
3. Can we know the processes responsible contributing to high usage?

Env Details:
Redis Version : 5.0.5
Machine : N2 High Mem 8 (Google Cloud)

Thanks,
Ankit

Bodong Yang

Sep 27, 2021, 11:52:18 PM9/27/21
to Redis DB
As far as I know, there is no way to troubleshoot the historical high CPU, but if this phenomenon still occurs, you can refer to the following methods:

1, perf top -p <pid>
2, More detailed tarce picture: https://github.com/jrfonseca/gprof2dot

sundb

Sep 28, 2021, 2:12:20 AM9/28/21
to Redis DB
Perhaps you cound consider using a product such as newrelic,  which will help you to do very comprehensive monitoring.