Set up a Multiple Master Master Redis DB cluster

kaushal...@gmail.com

Jun 11, 2021, 11:26:54 AM6/11/21
to Redis DB
Hi,

I am running Redis 6.2.4 version on CentOS Linux release 7.9.2009 (Core). I am using Redis In-Memory cache for Drupal CMS Application 8.9.16 deployed on multiple nodes Virtual Machine Node1 and Virtual Machine Node2 setup behind Load Balancer.

Is there a way to set up a Multiple Master Master Redis DB cluster wherein Node1 VM will talk to Node2 and vice versa to set up HA and Fault-tolerant resilient infrastructure? Thanks in Advance.

Best Regards,

Kaushal

Greg Andrews

Jun 12, 2021, 5:10:57 PM6/12/21
to Redis DB
The free open source Redis server does not support multiple masters.  There is a sharded version of the free open source Redis (titled Redis Cluster) which divides the data into 3 or more shards (parts), and each shard has one master and one (or more) slaves.  This sounds like it's not really what you're asking for, but I thought I'd mention it.