Redis 6.0.9 version | Redis server timeout

SULEKHA KUMARI

Dec 6, 2022, 8:13:52 AM12/6/22
to Redis DB
Hi Team,

I am doing one small Project on Redis in Java, Using Redisson library.

When I am storing 0.2 million data (list size) approximately 20MB, I am able to retrieve data from redissonClient.

When this list size is increased to 1 million (130MB) I am getting Redis server Timeout error.

I have increased nettyThread and ping connectionINtervalTime. It didnt work.

Is there any config I am missing?

Thank you

Kunal Gangakhedkar

Dec 7, 2022, 1:01:34 AM12/7/22
to redi...@googlegroups.com

For such a large dataset, redis might take some time (>3s - the default timeout).
You need to adjust the timeout value based on your use-cases.

Kunal

David Maier

Dec 9, 2022, 8:32:03 AM12/9/22
to Redis DB
Hi,

do you refer to 1 million items in the keyspace, or do you refer to a number of elements in a set (or hash, or similar)? If you refer to the keyspace, then you should avoid using the KEYS command to iterate over all your keys. Please use SCAN instead. SCAN gives you a cursor back for each bulk of keys, which allows you to iterate step-wise. Unlike a full iteration with KEYS, each such SCAN step is intended to return quite quickly.

Regards,
David

SULEKHA KUMARI

Dec 9, 2022, 9:44:10 AM12/9/22
to Redis DB
Hi

Thank you Kunal for the response.

Yes, I did increase timeout, Also Upgrading Radisson server helped for 2 Million data.

I have one quick question, What is the maximum memory we can store in hash set value? Is it 512 Mb or 1024 MB?

I am getting "ERR protocol error : invalid bulk length" and "Closed Channel Exception" while storing more than 2 Million data.

Thank you in advance.