Deadline Approaches

Patrick W. Barnes

Aug 11, 2009, 7:35:21 PM8/11/09
to redhat...@googlegroups.com

The deadline for GSoC projects is 2009-08-17 19:00 UTC. That is less than a
week away now. All students should be wrapping up their projects - polishing
code, testing, preparing documentation, etc. After the deadline, there will
be one week to submit final evaluations.

http://socghop.appspot.com/document/show/program/google/gsoc2009/timeline

--
Patrick W. Barnes
The Fedora Project

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PatrickBarnes

All messages cryptographically signed:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OpenPGP
--

signature.asc

"이희승 (Trustin Lee)"

Aug 13, 2009, 7:57:57 AM8/13/09
to redhat...@googlegroups.com
On 08/12/2009 08:35 AM, Patrick W. Barnes wrote:

> The deadline for GSoC projects is 2009-08-17 19:00 UTC. That is less than a
> week away now. All students should be wrapping up their projects - polishing
> code, testing, preparing documentation, etc. After the deadline, there will
> be one week to submit final evaluations.
>
> http://socghop.appspot.com/document/show/program/google/gsoc2009/timeline

LH said that they will actually evaluate the snapshot of 2009-08-24 in
the GSoC mentors mailing list. Although the student will do one's best
to finish his or her job on time, it does seem like there's a little bit
more time left, allowing the student finish the rough version of final
snapshot and clean it up for another week. Here's the conversation
between my student and me:

http://markmail.org/thread/l2wszfcarj7qt7uf

Please let me know if I made a mistake.

Trustin

Patrick W. Barnes

Aug 13, 2009, 9:05:20 AM8/13/09
to redhat...@googlegroups.com
On Thursday 13 August 2009 06:57:57 이희승 (Trustin Lee) wrote:
> LH said that they will actually evaluate the snapshot of 2009-08-24 in
> the GSoC mentors mailing list. Although the student will do one's best
> to finish his or her job on time, it does seem like there's a little bit
> more time left, allowing the student finish the rough version of final
> snapshot and clean it up for another week. Here's the conversation
> between my student and me:
>
> http://markmail.org/thread/l2wszfcarj7qt7uf
>
> Please let me know if I made a mistake.

It was not actually Leslie that gave those dates, but someone else quoting a
statement Leslie made last year and adjusting the dates for this year, and I
believe they got the dates wrong. The "firm 'pencils down'" date is the 17th,
and that is the day that mentors should begin submitting final evaluations.

August 10th was the "suggested 'pencils down'" date, and students should have
been targeting that date to complete their projects, leaving this week for
wrapping up.

Students are welcome to continue working on their projects after the deadline,
but we begin submitting evaluations on the 17th, and only work up to that
point should be considered in the evaluations. Waiting until the 24th, which
is our deadline to submit evaluations, to review the work would be a
disastrous mistake.

signature.asc