project idea

Roman Averkin

Mar 24, 2009, 3:57:34 PM3/24/09
to redhat...@googlegroups.com

Hello, I’m  a student and I want to participate in GSOC 2009 project.

I did not found where to post questions, so I decided to ask you.

If you can explain where to post this question I will glad to do it.

I want to develop USB Programmer for PIC (microchip), and 8051 microcontrollers.

Programmer include LINUX GUI, and simple electric circuit based on PIC4550.

 There is no such free programmer in the nature, at least as I know.

I want to find mentoring organization that will interested in this kind of project.

Can you help me with it?

Regards,

Roman Averkin.

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 3925 (20090311) __________

http://www.eset.com

Yaakov Nemoy

Mar 24, 2009, 6:44:19 PM3/24/09
to redhat...@googlegroups.com, Benjamin Kreuter
2009/3/24 Roman Averkin <romana...@gmail.com>:
> Hello, I’m  a student and I want to participate in GSOC 2009 project.
>
> I did not found where to post questions, so I decided to ask you.
>
> If you can explain where to post this question I will glad to do it.
>
> I want to develop USB Programmer for PIC (microchip), and 8051
> microcontrollers.
>
> Programmer include LINUX GUI, and simple electric circuit based on PIC4550.
>
>  There is no such free programmer in the nature, at least as I know.
>
> I want to find mentoring organization that will interested in this kind of
> project.
>
> Can you help me with it?

Hi Roman,

In Fedora we have a couple of things that might be of use to you. Firstly, we have FEL, the Fedora Electronics Lab which is put together by Chitlesh Goorah. You might want to have a look at that project and try to get in touch with the people who work on that.

Secondly, a colleague of mine, Ben Kreuter has also worked with those exact chips. I've forwarded this email to him, and he'll try to get in touch with you. He is willing to help you with the application and refining your idea and he would like to talk to you. Once he emails you, would you be willing to send him a more detailed summary of what you are looking to do? He will be able to judge your idea better than i.

Cheers,
Yaakov
signature.asc

Terrance Hutchinson

Mar 24, 2009, 8:32:51 PM3/24/09
to redhat...@googlegroups.com, Benjamin Kreuter
Hi Roman,

I am willing to help you out as well. I have a B.Sc in Electronics Engineering with a concentration in Computer/Digital Systems Engineering. I would love to see what your proposal is like, how you plan to break it up in stages. You can email it to me at terrance....@gmail.com. I am currently working on an IDE that will do Verilog, VHDL and C/C++. I am working on using the eclipse source code but removed a lot of different features. However your project looks very promising.

Hutchint

Roman Averkin

Mar 28, 2009, 4:13:47 AM3/28/09
to redhat...@googlegroups.com
Hello, I discussed my Idea with Ben Kreuter, he like it.
I have a some question:

-To the name of what organization I must send the proposal? Fedora Project & JBoss.org (Red Hat) ?
-If I should to mention Ben in my proposal?
-If I should to put a special mark in my proposal, that the project includes development of hardware device?

Patrick W. Barnes

Mar 28, 2009, 6:08:43 AM3/28/09
to redhat...@googlegroups.com
On Saturday 28 March 2009 03:13:47 Roman Averkin wrote:
> Hello, I discussed my Idea with Ben Kreuter, he like it.
> I have a some question:
>
> -To the name of what organization I must send the proposal? Fedora
> Project & JBoss.org (Red Hat) ?

Yes.

--
Patrick "The N-Man" Barnes
The Fedora Project

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PatrickBarnes

Have I been helpful? Rate my assistance!
http://rate.affero.net/nman64/

All messages cryptographically signed:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OpenPGP
--