What happens next ?

1 view

Sankarshan Mukhopadhyay

Apr 6, 2009, 1:35:01 AM4/6/09
to redhat...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

The submission window being closed, what happens next ?

~sankarshan

--
You see things; and you say 'Why?';
But I dream things that never were;

Sent from Pune, MH, India

Patrick W. Barnes

Apr 6, 2009, 3:38:57 AM4/6/09
to redhat...@googlegroups.com
On Monday 06 April 2009 00:35:01 Sankarshan Mukhopadhyay wrote:
> The submission window being closed, what happens next ?

Students will need to continue watching their proposals for updates until the
review period is closed, responding to questions and providing updates to the
proposals where needed.

Mentors will continue reviewing proposals, adding comments where appropriate.
As the rankings are solidified, mentors will be assigned to students. Once the
review deadline hits, the project administrators and the Google team will work
out the final slot allocations before the accepted proposals are announced.

http://socghop.appspot.com/document/show/program/google/gsoc2009/timeline

--
Patrick "The N-Man" Barnes
The Fedora Project

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PatrickBarnes

Have I been helpful? Rate my assistance!
http://rate.affero.net/nman64/

All messages cryptographically signed:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OpenPGP
--

signature.asc

Sankarshan Mukhopadhyay

Apr 6, 2009, 3:41:44 AM4/6/09
to redhat...@googlegroups.com
On Mon, Apr 6, 2009 at 1:08 PM, Patrick W. Barnes
<nma...@fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> On Monday 06 April 2009 00:35:01 Sankarshan Mukhopadhyay wrote:
>> The submission window being closed, what happens next ?
>
> Students will need to continue watching their proposals for updates until the
> review period is closed, responding to questions and providing updates to the
> proposals where needed.
>
> Mentors will continue reviewing proposals, adding comments where appropriate.
> As the rankings are solidified, mentors will be assigned to students.  Once the
> review deadline hits, the project administrators and the Google team will work
> out the final slot allocations before the accepted proposals are announced.
>
> http://socghop.appspot.com/document/show/program/google/gsoc2009/timeline

Ahh but the question was somewhat rhetorical. More aimed at the fact
that now that the mentors have worked with the students towards having
a nice proposal in place, added appropriate comments etc. are there
rules to be followed during ranking ? Is there a ceiling we are
looking at ? Do the proposals get in solely based on ranking ? And,
other such trivial questions :)

Patrick W. Barnes

Apr 6, 2009, 3:53:43 AM4/6/09
to redhat...@googlegroups.com
On Monday 06 April 2009 02:41:44 Sankarshan Mukhopadhyay wrote:
> Ahh but the question was somewhat rhetorical. More aimed at the fact
> that now that the mentors have worked with the students towards having
> a nice proposal in place, added appropriate comments etc. are there
> rules to be followed during ranking ? Is there a ceiling we are
> looking at ? Do the proposals get in solely based on ranking ? And,
> other such trivial questions :)

These questions are probably better directed to the -mentors list. The most
important thing for students to know is that it is very important they check
their proposals for updates and respond accordingly.

signature.asc

Sankarshan Mukhopadhyay

Apr 6, 2009, 3:56:23 AM4/6/09
to redhat...@googlegroups.com
On Mon, Apr 6, 2009 at 1:23 PM, Patrick W. Barnes
<nma...@fedoraproject.org> wrote:

> These questions are probably better directed to the -mentors list.  The most
> important thing for students to know is that it is very important they check
> their proposals for updates and respond accordingly.

Indeed it is. I let the auto-complete bits post it to the
inappropriate list. Sorry about the noise.