Which decentralized products _would_ you use day to day if they existed? Why?

Steve Phillips

Jul 26, 2016, 3:36:39 AM7/26/16
to Redecentralize
This question is similar to the one asked along the right-hand panel at http://redecentralize.org/ , but I'm especially curious as to why people want these apps decentralized.

Surely Francis, Irina, and Ross have thought of some examples, too!

juh

Jul 26, 2016, 4:06:30 AM7/26/16
to redecen...@googlegroups.com
Personally, I would use Twitter if it were decentralized. And actually I
use Twister. :-)

But I think the tool itself is irrelevant. I want to be social, so I ask
myself: Where are my friends? Where is my audience?

If it is not a hoax even turkish army officers used Whatsapp to organize
their coup. Was bitmessage too slow? Or did they just use what everybody
uses?

I blogged about my questions. Sorry no good answers.

http://www.sudelbuch.de/2016/06/04/redecentralize-the-web-why-and-how/

juh

--
Das ZEN von Pandoc
Bücher und E-Books einfach und professionell produzieren

Mikko Kotila

Sep 11, 2016, 1:50:36 AM9/11/16
to Redecentralize, j...@mailbox.org
I think "critical" things like code repos would benefit most from being decentralized, so I guess something like git but completely decentralized. Websites is the bulk of the internet, so it would be very interesting to see more on decentralized self-publishing platforms. For personal use, cross-platform secure/private/anon messaging and calls would be fantastic.