Ruby and Telephony

Yuvan

May 26, 2011, 3:59:03 AM5/26/11
to #reddot
Hi,

I just wanted to pick your brains regarding developing telephony
solutions with Ruby and open sourced PBX such as Asterisk and
FreeSwitch.

I am currently working on a Rails app that communicates with Asterisk
1.8. When I started experimenting with Adhearsion it looked really
really cool.

But as I dived deeper into Asterisk, I came up with the idea of
developing the dialplan in LUA, use Asterisk Realtime Architecture and
Node.js as a tcp server to communicate with the Asterisk Gateway
Interface and Asterisk Manager Interface.

What's your take on this? I'd love to hear from you if you had
experience working with Adhearsion, or Asterisk. Do you think its more
beneficial to work with Adhearsion instead of using node.js?