Eastern Bluebirds at Grafton, Washington Co.

Rick Fridell

Dec 22, 2019, 1:11:58 AM12/22/19
to 'Utah Birds' via UtahBirdsHotline, redcliff...@googlegroups.com, ub...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

Yesterday Steve and Cindy Sommerfeld, Seth Topham, and I went looking for the Eastern Bluebird found last week on the Zion CBC by Mike and John Schijf, Lucy Ormond, and perhaps some others. We were surprised to see a flock of FOUR Eastern Bluebirds including three males and a female.
 The bluebirds are very flighty and travel, sometimes quickly, across a wide area, often disappearing for long periods of time. Both yesterday and today all four always stayed together, sometimes foraging in the fields around Grafton and then flying off to feed on Russian Olives along the river.

Here are a couple photos of the bluebirds:

Happy Holidays!

Rick Fridell
Hurricane, UT