Redcar launcher for Linux

Mat Gilbert

May 16, 2012, 4:55:45 PM5/16/12
to redcar...@googlegroups.com
Hi Guys,

First, just wanted to say that I love the work that's going into Redcar, it's become my go to editor for a most of my projects now, so thanks!

Secondly, I'm not sure if it will be of interest or not, but a while ago I hacked together a Redcar launcher for my Linux installation, and wrote it up in a post at http://matalangilbert.blogspot.co.uk/2012/04/creating-redcar-launcher-in-linux.html . I know work on platform installers is currently proceeding, but in the meantime do you think it would be helpful to add the above post to the wiki? Let me know and I'd be happy to write up an entry / add a link.

Regards, and thanks again for working on a great Ruby editor!

Mat Alan Gilbert

Dee

May 17, 2012, 8:26:30 AM5/17/12
to redcar...@googlegroups.com
Thanks! I added a FAQ entry on the installation page: https://github.com/redcar/redcar/wiki/Installation

Delisa

Mat Alan Gilbert

May 17, 2012, 1:46:51 PM5/17/12
to redcar...@googlegroups.com
Happy to contribute in any small way I can :).