"H" history in Data Entry Form

Sonia Picht

Jun 19, 2024, 9:00:04 PMJun 19
to Redcap Open
Hi all!

Can you tell me how to collect History of a field?

Individual field data history can be accessed through the little "H" button, and a window pops up with all the data ever entered for that field (plus who did and when), but is there a way to collect a particular field history of ALL participants of one project?

Thank you!

Sonia

Jeff Theobald

Jun 20, 2024, 3:17:50 PMJun 20
to Redcap Open
Hi Sonia,
One way, assuming you have full access to the project's Logging, could be to export (to CSV) all logging from the project. You could then open the CSV in Excel, and use Filter->Text Filter-> Contains on Column D ("List of Data Changes OR Fields Exported"): enter the field name, followed by a space and "=", and after applying that filter you should then only be seeing rows of the Log where the field you are interested in was edited. You will see the date, time, user, and record associated with each change.
Jeff

Sonia Picht

Jun 20, 2024, 3:27:46 PMJun 20
to Redcap Open
Thank you, Jeff!

I did it and sorted out the information I need.
Thank you.

There is "field comment log" but there is no " field history log".
I think it will be helpful if they add "field history log" as well in the future.

Thank you, Jeff!

Happy REDCapping!

Sonia