Referencing empty events in the Data Quality application

Kent Armeson

Apr 10, 2024, 10:08:18 AMApr 10
to Redcap Open
Hello-
I'm trying to write a data quality rule that checks to see if, after X days from enrollment, surveys have been completed. The surveys are longitudinal, and the surveys are the only items designated for that particular event.

It seems to me, in the Data Quality application, there is no way to reference any of the variables in an event with no data. Like it doesn't exist.

So my question is, how can I check to see if these surveys are missing if I can't get any information back from the event (because there's no data).

A simple example of what I'm looking to do is below. I put either of those in the data quality app and get no discrepancies in cases I know are missing.

[month_2_follow_up_arm_1][survey1_complete] <> '2'
or
isblankormissingcode([month_2_follow_up_arm_1][survey1_complete])

Thanks for any insight.

Sonia Picht

Jun 21, 2024, 3:34:27 PMJun 21
to Redcap Open
What I did in similar situation is that I made the last field as a mandatory question ("must provide value").
Say, "Was the program helpful to you? [feedback] ==>Y/N"

if [feedback]<>''

#if feedback field is not null then survey1 is done

Sonia