MyCap vs longitudinal studies and DAGs

David Edwards

Jul 3, 2024, 2:38:45 PM (2 days ago) Jul 3
to redcap open
Hello all,

I've been asked to look into MyCap where I work.

I read an overview which suggested MyCap wasnt suitable for longitudinal studies and couldn't be used with DAGs.

But I've just stumbled across a couple of other sources that cast some doubt over this and it's not terribly clear which is correct.

So I just wondered if anyone here with MyCap experience can shed any light on this?

i.e.

  1. Can(or should) MyCap be used for longitudinal studies?

  2. Can(or should) DAGs be used in MyCap?

Thinking about DAGs though, as MyCap involves participants entering data rather than REDCap users.
But maybe DAGs could still be used to organise the researchers at different sites analysing the data on the main REDCap project?
Or perhaps in reality, projects can have a mix of MyCap tasks and standard REDCap forms/surveys, so DAGs would apply to all the non-MyCap stuff?

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks,
David.

Message has been deleted

David Edwards

Jul 3, 2024, 4:11:46 PM (2 days ago) Jul 3
to redcap open
Sorry for the red herring but there's no need to answer this now...

I just read something that says MyCap became compatible with longidtudinal studies in September 2023. And I've found fuirther references to DAGs used in MyCap. So I think I must have been looking at an old document.

I'm pretty sure it came from the official MyCap website though LOL !