Delete record reason

mmbro...@gmail.com

Mar 20, 2024, 10:38:38 AMMar 20
to Redcap Open
Hello,

I was wondering if it is possible to register a reason for deleting a record?

Kind regards,
Michelle

Jean Tittley

Apr 4, 2024, 1:12:36 PMApr 4
to Redcap Open

Hello Michelle
I’m curious to see what you managed to do, but you have to go to a more global level than putting that information into a form, because forms are into records, and you talk about deleted records! If you really want that info to be kept into REDCap, I suggest you try with a Project Dashboard. It’s not very sexy for editing because you have to open the modifying window, but it will work.

It seems so simple that l’ve never thought about it, but maybe it’s a good idea to suggest a new feature, a project level simple notebook…

In the meantime, a more simple option could be to keep that outside of REDCap, in a good old Excel sheet, don’t you think?

Jean