Technical User Group Meeting

Andrew Brazzatti

Feb 17, 2016, 12:33:43 AM2/17/16
to ReDBox Developer List
Hi all,

We will be soon commencing development of the new features for the 1.9 release of ReDBox and would like to re-establish our Technical Management Committee and regular meetings to help support the development of the product.

For more information about how these meetings are run please see our Technical governance page as it is our first meeting in quite a while we will need some new volunteers to join our committee.

Meeting Details

When: Wednesday 24th February, 10:30AM EDT
Duration: 1 hour
Where: Zoom videoconference (details below)

Join from a PC, Mac, iPad, iPhone or Android device:
    Please click this URL to start or join: https://aarnet.zoom.us/j/658914849

Join from dial-in phone line:
    Dial: +61 2 8015 2088
    Meeting ID: 658 914 849

Join from a H.323/SIP room system:
    Dial: +61 2 6222 7588
    or H323:6589...@182.255.112.21  (From Cisco)
    or H323:182.255.112.21##658914849  (From Huawei, LifeSize, Polycom)
    or 162.255.36.11 or 162.255.37.11 (U.S.)

    Meeting ID: 658914849

Agenda
  1. Nominate TMC members: It's been awhile since the last meeting and some previous TMC members have moved on or may no longer be available so we will need some new volunteers. Those that have previously been committee members
  2. Establish regular meeting time: Previously we moved to meeting once a month. Is this still appropriate or should we meet more or less frequently
  3. Discuss feature requests for the 1.9 release: Walk through each of the feature requests from a technical perspective and discuss their impacts.
  4. Release management plan: There has been some discussion about potentially releasing more frequently (i.e. as features are developed and completed). There is certainly some benefits to doing this but it may also have negative impacts on sites and how they manage their instances. A proposed plan will be sent out before the meeting.
  5. Discuss Devops practices: With the release of ReDBox Lite, a lot of work was put into the provisioning side of things to deliver that service. Through that process we have learnt many things that we hope to improve in subsequent releases that we hope can feed back into the full ReDBox installation that many are using and benefit the community.
  6. Any other business: if you have anything you'd like to raise as a discussion point please let us know.
If you are unable to attend this meeting but have any thoughts you'd like to contribute then please feel free to send them through to me.

Thanks,
Andrew