RIF-CS versions support by RedBox

Christopher McAvaney

Dec 14, 2014, 11:20:06 PM12/14/14
to redbo...@googlegroups.com
G'day all,

Just wondering which versions of RIF-CS are provided/supported by RedBox.

From a cursory glance it looks to be very configurable via the templates, but was wondering whether the changes in RIF-CS versions also require changes in workflow forms?

Thanks,
Christopher

Grant Jackson

Dec 15, 2014, 12:11:02 AM12/15/14
to redbo...@googlegroups.com
Hi Christopher,

We are using ReDBox 1.6.1 which came with RIF-CS v1.3. Version info can be seen at https://github.com/redbox-mint/redbox/blob/redbox-1.6.1/config/src/main/config/home/templates/rif.vm#L141

Duncan provided a RIF-CS v1.4 template for ReDBox (not Mint) at https://github.com/redbox-mint-contrib/config-samples/blob/master/ReDBox/Metadata%20templates/rif14.vm#L141 which supports "technical metadata". We are using this template. Since "technical metadata" already exists in ReDBox 1.6.1 forms, this particular change only required a replacement of the rif.vm file. I guess the general answer to your question is that form changes will be needed if a new version of RIF-CS needs to expose info which does not exist in your current version of ReDBox. Hope this helps.

Cheers, Grant