Views and OAI feeds

Matthias Liffers

Jan 29, 2015, 8:18:54 PM1/29/15
to redbo...@googlegroups.com

Hi everyone,

I’m running (for want of a better term) ReDBox 1.6.2 and am trying to figure out a way to create a feed that would let a data discovery portal harvest a particular subset of records. Having a look at the documentation, I thought that the best way to do this would be to set up a View based on a keyword and then use the feed URL for that view (e.g. https://redbox-dev.library.curtin.edu.au/redbox/sa/feed/oai?verb=ListRecords&metadataPrefix=oai_dc&set=sa)

Unfortunately, our dev server is hiding behind a firewall and so you can’t see the output, but I can tell you that zero records are returned. If I change the set from sa to published, then it returns all published records and not just the ones marked with the keyword I’m using in the view. Even trying to reharvest the view doesn’t seem to achieve anything.

Any guidance would be appreciated. Could this have something to do with “The Watcher”? ReDBox tells me it is not installed properly, but a search of the documentation finds no reference to it.

Regards,

Matthias Liffers
BCompSc W.Aust. MInfoStud CSturt AALIA (CP)
Coordinator, Research Services | University Library

Curtin University
Tel |
+61 8 9266 2439
Fax | +61 8 9266 4185