RedBox 1.9 - RIF-CS harvest into RDA - errors.

Jay van Schyndel

Sep 4, 2017, 7:07:00 PM9/4/17
to ReDBox Development
Hi ReDBox,

I'm completing my testing of ReDBox 1.9 for deployment into the production machine.

I have found an issue when harvesting RIF-CS into RDA.

RDA returns the following error:
Harvester initiated import - Tropical Data Hub Test(67) - EE789D05D1BB12A16541FF86FEE5C58429B521B1 Stopped with Error
XML does not pass validation
ANDS\API\Task\ImportSubTask\ValidatePayload(ERROR) Validation error found: Could not parse Registry Object XML
    XML declaration allowed only at the start of the document
    XML declaration allowed only at the start of the document
    XML declaration allowed only at the start of the document

The page returned is blank, but right click and view-source.

If you look down the page, you can see multiple XML declarations.

I'm using the new Groovy script to build the RIF-CS, unfortunately Groovy and I are not acquainted.
I believe it should not be adding the XML declaration for each RIF-CS, as it it added by the OAI-PMH interface that RDA is using.

Thanks,
             Jay.

Andrew Brazzatti

Sep 4, 2017, 8:29:13 PM9/4/17
to ReDBox Developer List
Hi Jay,

It definitely shouldn't be adding those xml declarations for each record but the OAI-PMH feed code essentially concatenates your rif.xml datastreams together via a template. There were two possible ways to solve this:
  1. Remove the xml declarations from the generated rif.xml datastreams
  2. Added a check for the xml declaration in the feed generation code and ignore that line
I've decided on the latter as if you want to use the rif.xml datastream elsewhere, having the xml declaration in there is "more correct". Could you try dropping in a new version of the oai.py I just created in portal/default/default/scripts and see if it makes a difference?

Thanks,
Andrew

Jay van Schyndel

Sep 4, 2017, 9:47:35 PM9/4/17
to ReDBox Development
Hi Andrew,

Thanks for the response.

I agree with your fix.

I'm receiving the following error when I hit the URL.
<pre>
Page content template error: feed/oai Traceback (most recent call last): File "default/default/scripts/feed/oai.py", line 712, in getPayloadContent File "default/default/scripts/feed/oai.py", line 712, in getPayloadContent AttributeError: 'unicode' object has no attribute 'trim'
</pre>

Cheers,
             Jay.