Intermittent Tapestry bug in ReDBox and Mint

Mike Lynch

May 8, 2016, 10:12:42 PM5/8/16
to ReDBox Development
Hi everyone,

I'm trying to deploy ReDBox 1.8 with our local modifications, and keep getting an intermittent Java error (in both Mint and ReDBox):

com.sun.xml.stream.ZephyrParserFactory cannot be cast to org.codehaus.stax2.XMLInputFactory2 at org.apache.tapestry5.ioc.internal.services.JustInTimeObjectCreator.obtainObjectFromCreator(JustInTimeObjectCreator.java:78)

Has anyone seen anything like this? Google is turning up a few people with similar errors caused by having multiple versions of Tapestry in their classpath, but I've eliminated this (there's only one version, 5.1.0.5)

Thanks
Mike

Mike Lynch

May 11, 2016, 12:09:19 AM5/11/16
to ReDBox Development
Have solved this - I think it was the indirect result of a caching conflict (the redbox user couldn't write to a file in the /tmp directory because it was owned by root)

Andrew Brazzatti

May 13, 2016, 1:09:56 AM5/13/16
to ReDBox Developer List
Hi Mike,

Sorry for the delay. I was going to suggest that there may have been an issue with the version of Java in use as I know the version of Tapestry we're using is incompatible with Java 1.8+. As an aside, this is something we'll address in the next release of ReDBox (v1.8.1).

Glad you were able to find a resolution to your issue. The tmp directory having incorrect permissions is something I've seen cause issues in other parts of the system but not in the tapestry layer.

Thanks,
Andrew