¡La relevancia de disminuir las emisiones de metano...hoy!

mar...@redbiolac.org

Mar 31, 2022, 7:29:48 AM3/31/22
to redb...@googlegroups.com

Queridos colegas,

¡Espero se encuentren muy bien! Les comparto este correo en inglés, mientras me confirman que habrá traducción simultanea el día del webinar y sacamos las traducciones del informe en cuestión.

In case it’s of interest, I wanted to let you know that today we released a report called Methane Matters: A Comprehensive Approach to Methane Mitigation, alongside Changing Markets Foundation and Environmental Investigation Agency. I’d be delighted if you joined us for a webinar discussing the report’s insights on April 12th at 4pm BST featuring Marcelo Mena, CEO of the Global Methane Hub.  You can register here.

At last year’s COP more than 110 countries signed the ‘Global Methane Pledge,’ a promise to reduce worldwide emissions of methane by 30% by 2030, relative to 2020 levels. However the pledge falls short of the 45% reduction which the UN estimates is needed to limit global heating to 1.5C, and none of the governments have set out comprehensive plans to cut emissions across all the three top methane-emitting sectors: energy, agriculture, and waste.

This report highlights the most actionable steps governments can take to reduce methane emissions. We found that by tackling the waste sector, governments will get fast results using some of the easiest and most affordable methane reduction strategies available.  Waste prevention, source-separation of organic discards, and other methods can reduce solid waste methane emissions by as much as 95% by 2030.

Happy to discuss further or answer any questions!

Que tengan un lindo día,

Mariela