Columns on join table

Mike Whiting

Aug 31, 2022, 2:34:37 PM8/31/22
to redbeanphp
I understand it's possible to create many-to-many relationships using
the "shared" keyword and there's even trees when creating a many-many
relationship on the same table.

However what I want to know is can I store data on top of this
relationship, i.e. in the join the table itself?

Suppose I have a table for components that may have one or many
dependencies on the same components table. How do I add a quantity
field? So say a "table" component had a child component of "table
leg" and the quantity is 4?

Many thanks,

Ben Major

Aug 31, 2022, 3:34:06 PM8/31/22
to redbe...@googlegroups.com
It sounds like you’re looking for Qualified Link Beans. See the section in the docs below about qualified links:

Mike Whiting

Aug 31, 2022, 4:44:28 PM8/31/22
to redbe...@googlegroups.com
Awesome, thanks!