Tracking the ‘sharrow’ on city streets

Boris

Nov 17, 2011, 2:38:59 PM11/17/11
to Red Bank Safe Routes

Jim Willis

Nov 18, 2011, 8:54:01 AM11/18/11
to redbanks...@googlegroups.com
I really like this point from the article (emphasis mine):

Last summer, my hometown experienced a sudden sharrow explosion, as an influx of federal stimulus money was used in part to paste them en masse on an extensive network of low-traffic, neighborhood streets in our northeast quadrant. Laid out smack in the middle of the road, they're meant to show all road users where people on bikes can ride most safely -- but in practice their main usefulness has been to map out bikeable routes across town.

also, the article sites the cost @ $229 per sharrow. Seems like a cheap way to bring awareness to certain routes.

Jim

On Nov 17, 2011, at 2:38 PM, Boris wrote:

http://www.grist.org/biking/2011-11-17-sharing-time-tracking-the-sharrow-on-city-streets