August 1 Planning Board meeting

Boris

Jul 26, 2011, 7:46:59 AM7/26/11
to Red Bank Safe Routes
On the agenda - Adoption of The Bicycle Pedestrian Planning Element of the Red Bank
Master Plan
http://www.redbanknj.org/clerk/read/e490131b-6f9d-4e0b-b954-27b9f2c32104

Tom Labetti

Aug 1, 2011, 2:03:39 PM8/1/11
to redbanks...@googlegroups.com
I'm going to try to attend the meeting tonight to show support for the plan.

What exactly are we expecting/asking the planning board to do tonight?  Based on the last meeting I would expect that we are asking the board to actually add the consultant's Bike/Ped recommendations to the master plan.  Is that what everyone else thinks?

-- Tom

Jennifer Rossano

Aug 1, 2011, 9:27:06 PM8/1/11
to RedBankSafeRoutes
Thanks for coming out tonight Tom and just to update everyone the
Planning Board did approve adding the Pedestrian/Bicycle Plan to the
Circulation Element of the Red Bank Master Plan. This is a promising
move in the right direction for our town. By adding the Bicycle
Sharrows to Chestnut Ave it also proves that the town is on board with
following some of the recommendations in the Plan.

Nora Sheppard from the Monmouth County Planning Board was at the
meeting and reported to the Board about the County's grant money and
following similar plans to ours to improve pedestrian and bicycle
safety throughout the county. She and Mayor Menna discussed how
education is somewhere we need to work next since many people still
don't know the 'rules of the road' in regards to bicycle riding.

Councilman Ed Zipprich made note of and verified with Ms. Sheppard
that Red Bank is the first town in the County which has officially
adopted such a plan into their Master Plan. Thanks to everyone who has
been a part of this long process and let's continue to push forward
with more improvements.

Jenny Rossano

Laura Bagwell

Aug 1, 2011, 11:14:46 PM8/1/11
to redbanks...@googlegroups.com
This is wonderful news. Regarding education - is the Borough willing
to post the rules of the road for safe bicycling on their web site?
And there is always tabling, at the Farmer's Market, in front of
stores, or at the Wed, Thurs and Fri night events at Riverside
Gardens Park. When the Environmental Commission tables, we will help
you get the word out if you want to provide any information to us
ahead of time.

Great, great job-
Laura