Live streaming to Youtube

Nick Bright

Apr 16, 2019, 12:10:58 PM4/16/19
to red5
I'm looking for an alternative to my current solution for publishing four camera streams to YouTube Live, currently I'm using Wowza.

Each camera provides a standard RTMP stream (Foscam FI9805E), so there shouldn't be any supportability issues with the cameras.

Is Red5 a suitable solution 'out of the box' to ingest four RTMP streams, then publish to four YouTube live channels?

Rajdeep Rath

Apr 16, 2019, 12:23:26 PM4/16/19
to red5in...@googlegroups.com
hello nick

Normally the only solution in the red5 open source side would be to use ffmpeg to send stream to youtube: https://www.red5pro.com/docs/server/ffmpegstreaming.html (this guide will help)

However if you care to try Red5 pro for this, and perhaps need  a custom solution, you should hop on https://red5pro.slack.com.

--

---

Jon V.

Apr 16, 2019, 12:32:21 PM4/16/19
to red5in...@googlegroups.com
Why don't you just publish directly to YouTube Live from the Cameras why are you using Wowza right now?

Rajdeep Rath

Apr 16, 2019, 12:33:02 PM4/16/19
to red5in...@googlegroups.com
There is also a partial code for Red5 client. If you are versed in java you can try to work with it to create a better more natural mechanism.