How to enable RTMPe and SSL?

Kraucer Fernandes Mazuco

Apr 15, 2018, 5:15:30 PM4/15/18
to red5
My server is running only with RTMP. I need to enable encryption with RTMPe. How to configure? And with SSL? Do you have any step-by-step or tutorial?

Mondain

Apr 16, 2018, 9:27:43 AM4/16/18
to red5in...@googlegroups.com
Hi Kraucer,
RTMPE is enabled by default, just use rtmpe:// in your URI instead of rtmp://. RTMPS is tricky and requires a valid CA signed certificate and doesn't always work.

Regards,
Paul

--

---

Kraucer Fernandes Mazuco

Apr 20, 2018, 2:59:50 PM4/20/18
to red5
True, I changed link to rtmpe:// and it worked! Tk´s, tk´s, tk´s Paul! :) :) :)

One last question, how can I identify capture in Wireshark, that the protocol used is RTMP or RTMPE? Which flag signals this?

Mondain

Apr 20, 2018, 4:31:49 PM4/20/18
to red5in...@googlegroups.com
I believe wireshark already understands rtmp etc. You'll find most of it on port 1935.

Kraucer Fernandes Mazuco

Apr 22, 2018, 10:03:27 AM4/22/18
to red5
I did an analysis and Wireshark showed all traffic on TCP. In the package details it does not show whether traffic
is using RTMP or RTMPe. I'm curious how to identify this.

Mondain

Apr 22, 2018, 10:48:17 AM4/22/18
to red5in...@googlegroups.com
Look for the amf byte that denotes rtmpe data.

Kraucer Fernandes Mazuco

Apr 22, 2018, 10:58:36 AM4/22/18
to red5
I did the search and I did not look it. Would you help me?
What would be the step-by-step to identify the AMF string?

Mondain

Apr 22, 2018, 11:18:19 AM4/22/18
to red5in...@googlegroups.com
I cannot, I'm out of town right now. I can direct you to the byte sequence examples at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Action_Message_Format in the interim.

Kraucer Fernandes Mazuco

Apr 23, 2018, 3:45:00 PM4/23/18
to red5
I analyzed but unfortunately I could not identify any differences that
would signal if the RTMP or RTMPe was used. But I'm grateful for the help.