red5 eclipse plugin error. HELP US!

유승아

Apr 29, 2019, 10:31:12 AM4/29/19
to red5
We are trying the Eclipse plugin for red5-server.

we USE :
1. jdk1.7.0_80 / jre7            : because maven need java7 version
2. apache-maven-3.6.1
4. eclipse Latest version

but it isn't work.
red5.bat has error : could not create the java virture machine.
I think this problem is caused by using the Java old version.

But without Java 7, Maven does not work.
We had already implemented all the steps introduced in github&Youtube, without the mvn command.
And failed in the last step.(Youtube 7:39), (We got empty 'src' folder)

We repeated install and uninstall Eclipse, Java, Red5 and maven for weeks.
We want to develop a Red5 server and build an RTMP broadcast server. (live chat, vote system, etc.)
However, it is failing to install and integrate the programs that start the project.
I want to solve this complicated problem.

Mondain

Apr 29, 2019, 10:49:14 AM4/29/19
to red5in...@googlegroups.com
Rajdeep or Dominick may be able to assist you with the plugin; my advice is to upgrade your JDK to at least 8 and your Maven to latest version as well. Lastly, there is no need to build the Red5 server to build your own app for it; so don't get stuck on the step that isn't required.

Regards,
Paul

--

---

Rajdeep Rath

Apr 29, 2019, 3:46:49 PM4/29/19
to red5in...@googlegroups.com
What is your operating system ?

I use windows , eclipse Luna / mars and I think I am able to run it fine. Did you check the screenshots for setup ?

I used to use 1.7 earlier not I have 1.8. you don't need to build an app using that plugin. You can have app as a standard maven app and debug it using plugin.

Also see this :

Rajdeep Rath

Apr 29, 2019, 6:39:35 PM4/29/19
to red5in...@googlegroups.com
First try to have everything running without the plugin. Then use eclipse to  create a runtime to debug your app with.

유승아

May 1, 2019, 12:14:27 PM5/1/19
to red5

캡처.PNG

캡처.PNG

thanks for your help!
I came up to the steps in the screenshot.
I do not know how to fix the errors.

2019년 4월 30일 화요일 오전 4시 46분 49초 UTC+9, Rajdeep Rath 님의 말:

---

Rajdeep Rath

May 1, 2019, 12:26:12 PM5/1/19
to red5in...@googlegroups.com
What do you want to do with the plugin?

유승아

May 1, 2019, 12:36:35 PM5/1/19
to red5

We chose real - time broadcast server application development as the subject of the challenge for graduation.
2019년 5월 2일 목요일 오전 1시 26분 12초 UTC+9, Rajdeep Rath 님의 말:

Rajdeep Rath

May 1, 2019, 12:41:30 PM5/1/19
to red5in...@googlegroups.com
If you have trouble using the plugin, don't use it. You can develop red5 application without it also.You do need to know maven first.

Check out this repo

And it's code base

유승아

May 1, 2019, 12:46:45 PM5/1/19
to red5
Okay, I will try it.
We are still students and we are inexperienced. Thank you very much for your help.

2019년 5월 2일 목요일 오전 1시 41분 30초 UTC+9, Rajdeep Rath 님의 말:

Rajdeep Rath

May 1, 2019, 12:48:49 PM5/1/19
to red5in...@googlegroups.com
Sure np. Take a look at the index in the read me if repository. Go through the chapters and then from there move on to the serve side code. If you just want to do live streaming with flash you don't need to do anything on Red5 at all.