Unable to get Audio out on the Live example

Prince Nishchal N E

Jan 3, 2019, 2:01:02 AM1/3/19
to red5
Hi All,

I have deployed Red5 Server on one of my domains "bnclive.ddns.net" currently using the "Live" Webapp I am able to connect and view my Live feed.

1. The logs do say that there is an Audio stream on it but unable to get the Audio out.

12:22:35:523 - Connecting to rtmp://bnclive.ddns.net/live
12:22:36:551 - NetConnection.Connect.Success
12:22:49:684 - Playback - NetStream.Play.Reset
12:22:49:686 - Playback - NetStream.Play.Start
12:22:49:687 - Metadata - audiodatarate: 93.75
12:22:49:687 - Metadata - videocodecid: 7
12:22:49:687 - Metadata - width: 854
12:22:49:687 - Metadata - encoder: Lavf57.2.100
12:22:49:688 - Metadata - framerate: 25
12:22:49:688 - Metadata - height: 480
12:22:49:688 - Metadata - audiocodecid: 10
12:22:49:688 - Metadata - videodatarate: 488.28125
12:22:49:689 - Metadata - stereo: true
12:22:49:689 - Metadata - duration: 0
12:22:49:689 - Metadata - audiosamplesize: 16
12:22:49:689 - Metadata - audiosamplerate: 48000
12:22:49:689 - Metadata - filesize: 0
12:22:51:674 - Playback - NetStream.Buffer.Full

This is the log output.

I am very new to Red5 Servers and RTMP protocol.

2. I tried using this feed on videojs sample. I am unable to get the video to play on the videojs player.

Any help on a sample would be very helpful.

My RTMP URL is "rtmp://bnclive.ddns.net/live/bncnews"

Kindly guide me on the above 2 issues.

Best Regards,
Prince Nishchal.N.E

Hosting Marketers

Jan 3, 2019, 3:16:00 AM1/3/19
to red5in...@googlegroups.com
using FMLE and a flash player I could stream with audio. because your
stream name (bncnews) was busy I use "bncnews1"
for the player I used https://hosting-marketers.com/generator/
you can see the connections on your server at
http://bnclive.ddns.net:5080/demos/adminPanel.html
enter the IP, username admin password 123456

Prince Nishchal N E

Jan 3, 2019, 3:45:23 AM1/3/19
to red5
Using this I was still unable to view bncnews feed.

I have VLC installed on my machine, so opening "rtmp://bnclive.ddns.net/live/bncnews" opens VLC and plays the Video but I don't get any audio inside it.

However configuring the player on hosting-marketers.com did not work for me. I just got a blank player which said buffering and saw the client list on the connections on the server.

Prince Nishchal N E

Jan 3, 2019, 3:48:29 AM1/3/19
to red5
Hi there,

My problem is that I only see video on my current stream "rtmp://bnclive.ddns.net/live/bncnews", I am unable to use this stream on a player other than VLC at the moment.

When I open this URL on VLC it plays, I suspect my publishing stream is having some issues on the Audio maybe!

Thanks,
Prince

Hosting Marketers

Jan 3, 2019, 4:18:02 AM1/3/19
to red5in...@googlegroups.com
were you streaming when you tried to configure the player at
https://hosting-marketers.com/generator/
you need to broadcast, I just tested for a minute, so if you not
broadcasting the player will not work. also if you using chrome you
must allow on the site settings to use flash.
I'm quite sure that your red5 server is fine. There is nothing wrong with it.

what are you using as encoder? I used FMLE which is good for testing.
I just made another test using https://hosting-marketers.com/test/
perhaps it is easier.
see attached image. using this test page you don't need an encoder or a player.
rtmp.png

Prince Nishchal N E

Jan 3, 2019, 4:25:00 AM1/3/19
to red5in...@googlegroups.com
Hi There,

Thanks for your feedback and help.

I am using Vmix software to stream, it has a DeckLink Black Magic card having the Live feed.

The Vmix software is publishing the feed to my Red5 Server.

I was able to use the test site to see my feed along with Audio working fine on my Red5 instance.

Were you able to hear any audio on “rtmp://bnclive.ddns.net/live/bncnews” ? I think there is some issue with my source as I can see the feeds on the test players but do not get any audio on the “bncnews” stream.

Thanks and Regards,
Prince Nishchal.N.E
> --
>
> ---
> <rtmp.png>

Hosting Marketers

Jan 3, 2019, 4:35:24 AM1/3/19
to red5in...@googlegroups.com
yes, I was able to listen to audio when I used the flash player
generator and when I used the test at
https://hosting-marketers.com/test/

Prince Nishchal N E

Jan 3, 2019, 4:41:40 AM1/3/19
to red5in...@googlegroups.com
This is super strange.

I tested your test page trying to publish myself and it worked along with the Audio.

But when I try to view or subscribe to “bncnews” it only plays the video but no audio for me!!!

Hosting Marketers

Jan 3, 2019, 4:50:57 AM1/3/19
to red5in...@googlegroups.com
so the issue must be the settings of the broadcaster of the stream
name “bncnews”

On 1/3/19, Prince Nishchal N E <prince....@gmail.com> wrote:
> This is super strange.
>
> I tested your test page trying to publish myself and it worked along with
> the Audio.
>
> But when I try to view or subscribe to “bncnews” it only plays the video but
> no audio for me!!!

Prince Nishchal N E

Jan 3, 2019, 4:52:18 AM1/3/19
to red5in...@googlegroups.com
Hi Hosting-Marketers,

Yeah true, wonderful and thanks a ton for helping me out!

Happy New Year and good wishes!

Hosting Marketers

Jan 3, 2019, 4:54:39 AM1/3/19
to red5in...@googlegroups.com