Red5 book chapters for free

Mondain

Sep 25, 2010, 1:03:41 PM9/25/10
to red5in...@googlegroups.com
To all you Red5 users, here are my chapters for the Red5 book which has been cancelled. I'm releasing these for free, but I would prefer a citation of some sort if you use them for anything that is NOT free or is offered for some sort of charge / fee.

Juanan Pereira

Sep 25, 2010, 3:42:14 PM9/25/10
to red5in...@googlegroups.com
Hi Paul,

On Sat, Sep 25, 2010 at 7:03 PM, Mondain <mon...@gmail.com> wrote:
> To all you Red5 users, here are my chapters for the Red5 book which has been
> cancelled.

Sad news, I was expecting that book since I heard about it in this
list. Were you given any reason about the cancellation?

> I'm releasing these for free, but I would prefer a citation of
> some sort if you use them for anything that is NOT free or is offered for
> some sort of charge / fee.

I've already downloaded the chapters and will read them carefully.

Many thanks for sharing your work!

--
Ongi izan,

Juanan Pereira

Rajdeep Rath

Sep 25, 2010, 4:00:29 PM9/25/10
to red5in...@googlegroups.com
Mondain.. Thanks a million.. Your efforts are appreciated a lot. Why was the book cancelled ?

Mondain

Sep 25, 2010, 5:19:10 PM9/25/10
to red5in...@googlegroups.com
I was co-authoring it and could not keep up with the schedule. I don't want to estimate how many hours I personally have in to these chapters (its a lot); so I hope it helps the community.

Paul

Rajdeep Rath

Sep 25, 2010, 6:37:07 PM9/25/10
to red5in...@googlegroups.com
This looks promising to the future exceptions of red5 :) Thanks again.. Hope we see Red5 1.0 very soon.

Trevor Burton

Sep 26, 2010, 8:42:23 AM9/26/10
to red5in...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for putting this out there, Paul. I've had a similar experience trying to write stuff like this. It's a damn sight more work than I thought!

Sent from my iPhone

Jorge Arturo Bojórquez

Feb 5, 2015, 2:24:01 PM2/5/15
to red5in...@googlegroups.com
Hello, is there any other documentation like these three chapters? I want to develop Red5 apps and would love to see chapter 3 published some day.

Isidro Merayo Castellano

Feb 9, 2015, 1:37:33 PM2/9/15
to red5in...@googlegroups.com
Hello,
Bad news for newbies like me.
We need documentation to dive in this project.

Chris Allen

Feb 9, 2015, 3:13:05 PM2/9/15
to red5in...@googlegroups.com
Yeah documentation is definitely lacking on the Red5 project. It’s something we will be getting better at moving forward. One of the reasons that Infrared5 has decided to create Red5 Pro (http:red5pro.com) is to be able to better support the open source project. With revenue from Red5 Pro we can more easily put resources on things like documentation.

For now you guys might want to check out this one: http://red5pro.com/docs/server/firstwebapp/. Everything covered in that tutorial applies to the open source version.

-Chris

--

---

abidi aymen

Jul 17, 2018, 11:43:47 AM7/17/18
to red5
Hi Paul could you please update the shared files

Kraucer Fernandes Mazuco

Aug 6, 2018, 6:50:44 PM8/6/18
to red5
404 link not found :(

Rajdeep Rath

Aug 6, 2018, 7:07:50 PM8/6/18
to red5in...@googlegroups.com
For those who are looking for information and study material on red5, there is conpiled info available here.https://github.com/rajdeeprath/red5-development-series/wiki

If you want something more,  please feel to suggest.

Regards
Rajdeep Rath