APAAACI News & Notes: March-April 2021 Edition

APAAACI Secretariat

Apr 30, 2021, 7:59:53 AM4/30/21
to Red SLaai

Allergy Week 2021, Women of Science & More!

If you can't see this email click here.
image
Issue 13, March/April 2021
image
Dear Friends and Colleagues,

This month APAAACI has reached several thousands for our Allergy week 2021. We express our sincere gratitude to you, all our member societies and our APAAACI community for coming together and delivering valuable contributions and for sharing this to the world. The APAAACI Allergy Week 2021 has achieved its intended target, and I am deeply grateful to all those of you who made this a reality. Allow me to summarize:
READ MORE

APAAACI Allergy Week: COVID-19: Allergies and Vaccines
image
APAAACI sucessfully hosted a special Live webinar on the theme COVID-19: Allergies and Vaccines, Understanding the Facts & Myths on 12th April 2021 via our APAAACI TV YouTube channel.

The webinar which was led by WHO leadership, a parliamentarian, global and regional leaders aimed to provide a better understanding of COVID-19 and allergies, the science of the vaccines, safe implementation, and improved physician understanding and public awareness on the benefits and safety of the vaccines.
WATCH NOW
image

APAAACI International Women’s Day: Women in Science
image
In honour of International Women's Day, APAAACI celebrated "Women in Science" by organising a LIVE panel intended to motivate and encourage young women into doing science. This session was broadcasted on 8th March 2021 at our APAAACI TV YouTube channel.

The webinar was widely attended and can be viewed on APAAACI TV.
WATCH NOW

APAAACI Allergy Week: Member Society Activities
Malaysian Society of Allergy (MSAI)
During the 20th MSAI congress, MSAI jointly with APAAACI and  Allergy and Clinical Immunology Society (ACIS) held a plenary session on COVID-19: A prelude to the APAAACI Allergy Week 2021 addressing the different aspects of the pandemic to vaccination and special aspects in PID patients. View Flyer
image
Philippine Society of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology (PSAAI)
PSAAI organised a press conference and live webinar with several attendees and over 4,000 views. This brought the influential likes of Prof. Rommel Lobo, Dr. Stanley Fineman, Prof. Ruby Pawankar and Prof. Maria Carmen D. Ang. The session was moderated by Dr. Carmela Kasala. Watch Now
image
Vietnam Society of Allergy (HSAACI)
HSAACI organised a webinar themed, Allergic Airway diseases in the pandemic: epidemiology to management. Watch Now
image
Indonesian Society of Allergy and Immunology (ISAI)
ISAI organised a webinar featuring keynote lectures from Prof. Giorgio Canonica and Prof. Ruby Pawankar. This brought along national experts including Prof. Iris Rengganis (President ISAI), Prof. Cissy Kartasasmita, Dr. Ansari Saifuddin Hasibuan and Dr. Eko Surachmanto. Watch Now
image
Mongolian Society of Allergology (MSA)
MSA organised a live webinar featuring key speakers, Prof. Ruby Pawankar, Dr. T. Oyunari, Dr. E. Choimaa, Dr. Ya. Saruulzul and Prof. S. Munkhbayarlakh. Watch Now
image
APAAACI Allergy Week India Chapter
IAA organised a webinar themed 'An Integrated Glocal Approach of Managing Allergies & Covid-19'. Moderated by Dr. Soumya M. S., speakers featured Prof. Ruby Pawankar and Prof. Randeep Guleria, Prof. Ashok Mahashiur and Dr. Raja Dhar. Watch Now
image
Taiwan Association of Allergy, Asthma and Clinical Immunology (TAAACI)
TAAACI and TAPAAACI conducted activities in social media, multicentre public lectures and communication sessions for parents with allergic children regarding allergies in Taiwan and information on the COVID-19 vaccines.
image
Chinese Society of Allergology (CSA)
Prof. Luo Zhang, and his colleagues held press briefs and public education activities and CMEs for the Allergy week, while springtime pollen in China has put people on allergy alert. View Article
image

APAAACI TV Highlights
Adverse Reactions to COVID-19 Vaccines
Adverse Reactions to COVID-19 Vaccines
Prof. Stanley Fineman is an Adjunct Associate Professor of the Emory University School of Medicine, and part of the Atlanta Allergy & Asthma Clinic in Atlanta, Georgia.

Watch as he presents the latest publication of research data on adverse reaction to the COVID-19 vaccines.

The webinar was followed by another discussion with Prof. Bernard Thong and Prof. Ruby Pawankar on comparisons of the situation experience in Asia.
Read More
Chronic Urticaria - An Update & Tips and Tricks for Clinical Management
Chronic Urticaria - An Update & Tips and Tricks for Clinical Management
Prof. Marcus Maurer, is the a Professor of Dermatological Allergology and the Director of Research for Allergie-Centrum-Charité at the Charité-Universitätsmedizin Berlin.

Watch this informative session as he discusses Cholinergic Urticaria (CU) treatment by HCP's.

This webinar was followed by a discussion, and is valuable for the HCP's involved in the rollout of the vaccinations globally.
Read More
Atopic Dermatitis Panel Session
Atopic Dermatitis Panel Session
Prof. Kent Woo, Prof. Jiu Yao Wang and Prof. Pham Le Duy look at various aspects of Atopic Dermatitis. They present the latest publication of research data on:
  • Current Concepts of Atopic Dermatitis and its relation to Food Allergy
  • Role of Probiotics in Atopic Dermatitis
  • Skin Moisturizing in Atopic Dermatitis and the Concepts that need to be reviewed
The panel session is followed by a stimulating Q&A session moderated by Prof. Ruby Pawankar.
Read More

APAAACI 2021 International Conference Joint TAAACI: Call For Abstracts
Abstract submissions are open till May 20, 2021. In line with APAAACI’s mission to encourage and support the development of the discipline of Allergy, Asthma and Clinical Immunology in the region, proposals on Allergy, Asthma and Clinical Immunology and others are welcome.

Make your submission today!
Read More

COVID-19 Updates
We have further developed the structure of our COVID-19 Resource Centre, the hub that hosts the latest news, publications, recommendations, and acknowledges the APAAACI COVID-19 task force who are working hard to keep our community informed on crucial first-hand news. View our Covid-19 Resource Centre now!

For more information, check out the:
Read More

Highlights of the Allergy World
Vanitha Sampath Grace Rabinowitz Mihir Shah Surabhi Jain Zuzana Diamant et al. 02 April 2021

Akdis CA. Nature Reviews Immunology (2021)

Ioana Agache Cezmi A. Akdis Mubeccel Akdis Knut Brockow Tomas Chivato et al. 07 December 2020

Cristoforo Incorvaia Mona Al‐Ahmad Ignacio J. Ansotegui et al. September 2020

Victoria Jane Hall, Sarah Foulkes, Ayoub Saei, Nick Andrews, Blanche Oguti, Andre Charlett, et al. Allergy. April 23,2021.

Mariana C. Castells and Elizabeth J. Phillips. February 18, 2021. N Engl J Med 2021; 384:643-649

Emanuele Pontali, Stefano Volpi, Alessio Signori, Giovanni Cassola, et al. J Allergy Clin Immunol. :February 05, 2021

Christian Rosas-Salazar, Kyle S. Kimura, Meghan H. Shilts, Britton A. Strickland, Michael H. Freeman, Bronson C. Wessinger et al. J Allergy Clin Immunol: February 05, 2021.

Jean Bousquet, Ioana Agache, Hubert Blain, Marek Jutel,Maria Teresa Ventura, Margitta Worm,Stefano Del Giacco, Athanasios Benetos, M. Beatrice Bilo, Wienczyslawa Czarlewski, Amir Hamzah Abdul Latiff et al. Allergy. April 02 2021.

Athanasios Damialis, Stefanie Gilles, Mikhail Sofiev, Viktoria Sofieva, Franziska Kolek, Daniela Bayr et al, PNAS March 23, 2021 118 (12) e2019034118.
Website Editor: Prof. Bernard Thong
Website Co-Editor: Prof. Amir HA Latiff

APAllergy April Issue coming soon! View details
Facebook
LinkedIn
Twitter
YouTube