Allergy, Asthma and Immunology - new message

1 view

follow.it

Feb 4, 2023, 7:51:18 AM2/4/23
to Red SLaai

follow.it
Allergy, Asthma and Immunology
Nonepisodic angioedema with eosinophilia after COVID-19 vaccination: a case successfully treated with reslizumab
by iva...@gmail.com Feb 3, 2023
  • Case report
  • Open Access

Allergy, Asthma & Clinical Immunology
 volume 19, Article number: 11 (2023

Abstract

Background

Angioedema with eosinophilia (AE) is a rare allergic disease classified as episodic or nonepisodic. AE is characterized by angioedema, urticaria, fever, weight gain, and eosinophilia, but its etiology and pathogenesis have not yet been clarified.

Case presentation

We present a 70-year-old woman presented with generalized edema and urticaria after Moderna COVID-19 vaccination. Peripheral blood eosinophil count was marked elevated and echocardiography and Doppler ultrasonography of both the upper and lower extremities were unremarkable. Her symptoms and peripheral blood eosinophil count were improved after systemic steroid therapy, but she failed to respond to steroid tapering. Reslizumab (anti-interluekin-5) was administered intravenously, and she remained symptom free with a normal eosinophil count during 8 months of reslizumab treatment without steroids.

Conclusions

We report a case of nonepisodic AE after COVID-19 vaccination that was successfully treated with reslizumab.

Download PDF

Continue Reading
lnisev Ltd., 11407 SW Amu St, Suite #AAM624, Tualatin, OR 97062, USA