Dataset Copyright

Chris(양세원)

Jun 16, 2022, 9:29:17 PM6/16/22
to RecSys-Challenge-2022
Hi, I'm curious about competition dataset copyright.

Is there any place that I can find information about it?

dataset copyright could be something like cc-by 4.0 / cc-by-sa / cc-by-nc

Nick Landia

Jun 16, 2022, 10:11:09 PM6/16/22
to RecSys-Challenge-2022
Hi Chris,

right now the dataset is only for use for the challenge. When the challenge is fully over in a couple of weeks we will do the public release of the dataset and will consider the copyright codes then, it will most likely be CC-BY-SA but is not confirmed yet.

Best,

Nick

Chris Yang

Jul 4, 2022, 8:26:07 AM7/4/22
to RecSys-Challenge-2022
Hi, thanks for the reply
I can see that the challenge is over right now, may I assume the copyright of the dataset is CC-BY-SA?
If not, I want to know the date of the copyright confirmation.

Best,
Chris
2022년 6월 17일 금요일 오전 11시 11분 9초 UTC+9에 Nick Landia님이 작성:

Nick Landia

Jul 4, 2022, 5:20:27 PM7/4/22
to RecSys-Challenge-2022
Hi Chris,

the official release of the dataset (including hidden test data) will be at the same time as the RecSys conference. That's when the public download location will be live and the accompanying dataset paper will be published, these are the references you have to make when using the dataset (as the "BY" part of the license).

If you let me know what you are trying to do and if you need the dataset earlier than this please let me know the details and we can work out a way to make that happen.

Cheers,

Nick

Chris Yang

Jul 5, 2022, 8:00:54 PM7/5/22
to RecSys-Challenge-2022
Hi Nick,
I would like to use the dataset for the AI education online program held in South Korea and I'm one of the organizer of this program. (link)
For detail, there are 250 students who wants to study AI, and recsys is one of three domain we are teaching.
As you know there aren't many recsys public dataset & high quality dataset that can be used for learning. So we want to reconstruct your dataset and use it for one of the lecture and at the same time host a competition for education.
If you need more information about it let me know :)

Sincerely,
Chris

2022년 7월 5일 화요일 오전 6시 20분 27초 UTC+9에 Nick Landia님이 작성:

Nick Landia

Jul 7, 2022, 1:52:18 PM7/7/22
to RecSys-Challenge-2022
Hi Chris,

That's awesome! We are happy to hear the dataset is useful to the community!

These are the guidelines for using the dataset right now before the official release at the conference:

The dataset's copyright code will be CC BY-NC-SA.

You may use the challenge dataset now as is and refer to the challenge website for now as the source (http://www.recsyschallenge.com/2022/).

For publications at other conferences please use a placeholder reference for now and replace it with the proper reference when that becomes available for the camera-ready of your paper. In the unlikely event that the camera-ready deadline of your other conference is before the RecSys conference and you want to use the dataset let me know directly and I can make an "in print" reference for you.

Best,

Nick