Number of final submissions

Benedikt S

Apr 26, 2022, 8:56:32 AM4/26/22
to RecSys-Challenge-2022
Hello,

I wanted to ask how many final submission do we have per team?

I know that we can often provide two final submission in kaggle and the best one is used for the position. Similar, each team had two submissions in the RecSys2020 and RecSys2021 challenge.

Are there any information what is planned for RecSys2022 challenge?

Thanks,
Best
Benedikt

Nick Landia

Apr 26, 2022, 1:08:35 PM4/26/22
to RecSys-Challenge-2022
Hi Benedikt,

good question, we are finalising the plans on that and will confirm in due course. Most likely it will be one submission per team, you can upload multiple times but only the last one will count, not highest scoring one. There will also be much stricter control of team accounts when submitting the final files to rule out people submitting multiple times under different team names.

Best regards,

Nick

Benedikt S

May 12, 2022, 11:05:17 AM5/12/22
to RecSys-Challenge-2022
Hello Nick,

thanks - are there already new information? Is it possible to consider the last TWO submission and the best counts (of last two)?
The hosts of RecSys2021 challenge considered last two submissions as well. It is often used for many kaggle competitions.

I think every participants spend a lot of time in developing models. Having two submissions enables more flexibility in model exploration and submission.

Thanks,
Best
Benedikt

Nick Landia

May 13, 2022, 4:46:44 PM5/13/22
to RecSys-Challenge-2022
Hi Benedikt,

it will be one submission that counts, the one that was submitted last. The challenge is to submit your best predictions that you have come up with, part of that is being able to choose which of two models you think will be better for a hidden test set.

Best regards,

Nick