Failed submission

Benedikt S

Apr 27, 2022, 9:11:49 AM4/27/22
to RecSys-Challenge-2022
Hello,

my latest submission failed. When I over over failed submission, the error message is
"Not-int value in row <sessionid>,<itemid>,"

I opened the CSV file and I searched for the combination of this session id and item id and the row is "<session_id>,<item_id>,100", where 100 is the rank.

I used the same pipeline for multiple successful submission. Can you tell me, what the issue is? Will there any notification for the final submission, that we will know, that the scores are calculated correctly?

Nick Landia

Apr 27, 2022, 2:00:27 PM4/27/22
to RecSys-Challenge-2022
Hi,

can you let me know your team name please and I can take a look at the file.

Yes, for the final submission we will notify if it has been processed without errors.

Thanks,

Nick

JS

Apr 27, 2022, 11:13:14 PM4/27/22
to RecSys-Challenge-2022
Hi Nick,

My latest submission also failed with error: non-int value in row: 30588,,

I inspected the submission file and there is no session_id with 30588 (nor in the released test_leaderboard_sessions.csv), and row 30588 also looks correct, with format <session_id>,<item_id>,<rank>.

It has happened to me before and a re-submission of the exact same file fixed it, but ended up wasting submissions.

Could you please take a look and let me know, the submission id is 53db5400-923a-4dc8-9597-0d0d192ad897

Thank you.

Benedikt S

Apr 28, 2022, 4:33:30 AM4/28/22
to RecSys-Challenge-2022
Hello Nick,

my team name is BDS.The failed submission id starts with 632c76f3.

Best
Benedikt

Nick Landia

Apr 28, 2022, 2:54:13 PM4/28/22
to RecSys-Challenge-2022
Hi,

I've tried both of your files, they look fine and go through when I run it manually. For now when this happens and the "non-int value" error does not make sense you can try resubmitting the same file and hopefully it will go through. Sorry that it wastes submissions! We will take this away and figure out why it's failing intermittently, we should be able to resolve this within the next week. Thanks for bringing this our attention!

Best regards,

Nick

YK L

May 9, 2022, 8:10:44 AM5/9/22
to RecSys-Challenge-2022
I also got the same error

Benedikt S

May 23, 2022, 8:04:10 AM5/23/22
to RecSys-Challenge-2022
Hello Nick,

is there an update on the failed submission? I lost two submissions recently due to this error. When I resubmitted the same file, it worked.
As we are entering the final phase and have only a few days left, it would be great, if we do not lose submissions due to this bug.

Best
Benedikt

Won Sung Lee

May 23, 2022, 9:31:14 PM5/23/22
to RecSys-Challenge-2022
Hello Nick,

I also got the same error. The files look fine (there are no non-int values)

My submission ids are:
    7507406a-e791-4a5d-bec9-bb285be5c0bf
    5186befd-7128-4c29-89b7-b77b52aeed1e

Can you check this?

Best regards,

Wonsung

2022년 5월 23일 월요일 오후 9시 4분 10초 UTC+9에 benedikt.d...@gmail.com님이 작성:

Nick Landia

May 25, 2022, 2:04:37 PM5/25/22
to RecSys-Challenge-2022
Hi,

we are looking into this again, thanks for letting us know!

Best,

Nick

pietro maldini

May 25, 2022, 5:44:41 PM5/25/22
to RecSys-Challenge-2022
Hi,

I don't know if this can somehow help identifying the cause of the intermittent failures. My last three submissions were made with the same file.

1) 830543ca-89f6-4ac7-b3c9-3716577a49ea     with error message  "Unquoted fields do not allow new line <"\n"> in line 1810701."
2) 44238deb-28e1-44f2-b4df-82e414cec0db     with error message   "Non-int value in row: 268269,,"
3) b53ce5a4-b6c7-4757-9c7b-04e1d8de7a18    successfully scored.