Mismatch between submission and leaderboard ranks

Sbunzini

Apr 19, 2022, 2:11:04 PM4/19/22
to RecSys-Challenge-2022
Hi guys, thanks for this amazing opportunity. I joined this challenge and made my first submission just few days ago. I noted a mismatch between the rank of my submission shown in "Your Profile" and the actual rank in the leaderboard. To be more clear, after the submission I see a score of 0.159 and a rank = 562. However, the actual position in the leaderboard for that score is 34th position ( score in the leaderboard for the 34th position is 0.1573).

Do I miss something? How is it possible that an higher score is ranked lower?

Nick Landia

Apr 26, 2022, 2:36:16 PM4/26/22
to RecSys-Challenge-2022
Hi,

thanks for participating! The rank shown in your profile is the rank considering all individual submissions by all teams, since everyone can submit multiple times. But only the best submission per team counts for the leaderboard, so the rank in your profile is not that useful and the real rank is what is shown on the leaderboard with your team name. Your best submission with the same exact score of 0.159 should appear on the leaderboard, if it's not there then that's an error and definitely let us know please, along with your team name.

Thanks,

Nick