Problems with Kinect Sensor and ReconstructMe

Alexander Kartschall

Oct 23, 2013, 4:29:33 PM10/23/13
to recons...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I have some curious problems witth ReconstructMe...

Yesterday I installed my XBox 360 Kinect Sensor on my PC with a Nvidia Geforce GTX260. I ran ReconstructMe and it found the Kinect, I saw a 3D picture inside the blue box. Then I wanted to scan, but in the new window I had only a frozen picture. I tried it several times, but I always had a frozen picture.

Today ReconstructMe isn't able to find the sensor any more... I only see "System is updating", and nothing more happens... If I close ReconstructMe and open it again, I get the message "Sensor Update failed. Retrying..." and in the log I get the message

Error: ..\..\..\source\robvis\lib_rgbdsensor\src\openni2.cpp(110): Throw in function void__thiscall LibRGBDSensor::openni2_sensor and so on (how can I copy the History to a text file? - edit: I attached a screenshot).

I removed and reinstalled the drivers for the Kinect again, and installed the newer Kinect SDK 1.8 (before I had 1.6) and today also the Kinect Developer Toolkit v1.8.0

If I run Kinect Studio v1.8.0, I can see a 3D picture, so the sensor is working.

If I run the Kinect Fusion Explorer, I get the message "No DirectX11 device detected - Kinect Fusion requires a DirectX11 device for GPU-based reconstruction".

Could this be my problem? Is my GTX260 too old? Or what did I make wrong?

Reagrds, Alex
ReconstructMe_Error-message.jpg

car...@fulland.de

Oct 24, 2013, 2:33:10 PM10/24/13
to recons...@googlegroups.com
Hi Alexander,

have exactly the same! - with two GTX 8800 bridged!

Alexander Kartschall

Oct 26, 2013, 3:56:08 PM10/26/13
to recons...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I solved the problem. I bought a used Nvidia GTX560 (I found it in the recent graphics card list: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjYhEvwkxrJOdHBGaTMyWVVBNVFjRHFzbU5RQU81TWc#gid=0) and now it runs.

Regards, Alex

frank...@gmail.com

Feb 15, 2017, 3:46:44 PM2/15/17
to ReconstructMe, car...@fulland.de
Op donderdag 24 oktober 2013 20:33:10 UTC+2 schreef car...@fulland.de:

> Hi Alexander,
>
> have exactly the same! - with two GTX 8800 bridged!

Hello

im wondering if you ever solved this problem, since i run into the same thing with a 2009 model quadro fx 3700m.

i have tried many drivers and ReMe versions. 3 possible problems arrise.
1: metioned above.
2: program just crashes in setup.
3: all is fine till i start scanning and then it either crashes or the screen stays blank and nothing is scanned. although the camera is still working and transmitting data accoarding to kinect studio.

Frank