ReconstructMe OpenCL error

Crimsonkomodo777

Oct 7, 2012, 7:38:54 PM10/7/12
to recons...@googlegroups.com
I have followed the instructions of installing ReconstructMe but an error comes up saying there is no OpenCL compatible device found when I start the .bat "Start ReconstructMe Scan OpenNI". This is the message that comes up in the CMD:

[2012/10/07 16:32:03.939214][info ] Welcome to ReconstructMe
[2012/10/07 16:32:04.037220][info ] Running 0.6.0-405
[2012/10/07 16:32:04.042220][info ]
[2012/10/07 16:32:04.046221][info ] Licensed for non-commercial purposes only.

[2012/10/07 16:32:04.058221][info ] See 'Non-Commercial License of Reconstruct
Me.txt'
[2012/10/07 16:32:04.068222][info ]
Do you agree to our license terms? (y/n) : y
[2012/10/07 16:32:14.935843][error ] THROWING EXCEPTION: Throw in function (unk
nown)
Dynamic exception type: class LibFundament::robvis_error
std::exception::what: No OpenCL compatible device found
[struct LibFundament::tag_robvis_condition *] = !devs.empty()
[struct LibFundament::tag_robvis_message *] = No OpenCL compatible device found

[2012/10/07 16:32:15.152856][error ] This is somewhat embarrassing
[2012/10/07 16:32:15.166857][error ] e:\hudson\workspace\ras_reconstructme\Plat
forms\waldohreule.profactor.local\source\robvis\lib_openclbridge\src\openclbridg
e\environment.cpp(64): Throw in function class cl::Device __cdecl LibOpenCLBridg
e::env::ith_device(int)
Dynamic exception type: class boost::exception_detail::clone_impl<class LibFunda
ment::robvis_error>
std::exception::what: No OpenCL compatible device found
[struct LibFundament::tag_robvis_condition *] = !devs.empty()
[struct LibFundament::tag_robvis_message *] = No OpenCL compatible device found

[2012/10/07 16:32:15.230860][info ]
[2012/10/07 16:32:15.235861][info ] Thanks for using ReconstructMe!
[2012/10/07 16:32:15.254862][info ] Visit us http://www.reconstructme.net
Press any key to continue . . .

Cedric Kohler

Oct 7, 2012, 7:43:40 PM10/7/12
to recons...@googlegroups.com
May you need to install the latest drivers of your graphic car that includes open cl

Crimsonk...@hotmail.com

Oct 7, 2012, 7:47:47 PM10/7/12
to recons...@googlegroups.com
On Sunday, October 7, 2012 4:43:41 PM UTC-7, bugbuilder wrote:
> May you need to install the latest drivers of your graphic car that includes open cl

I have already done that. I visited this link http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us
and put in my driver specs and downloaded it and installed it and still the same error

Cedric Kohler

Oct 7, 2012, 7:52:32 PM10/7/12
to recons...@googlegroups.com

That seems right, my only way to solve it was to use a kinect for windows and install sdk drivers because my xbox 360 version with openni drivers has never worked!!!

Ian S.

Oct 8, 2012, 4:52:39 AM10/8/12
to recons...@googlegroups.com
Crimsonkomodo, what GPU do you have? Listing your specs will help solve the problem.
Bugbuilder, again, please don't generalise your fix to a problem most people don't have.

Crimsonkomodo777

Oct 8, 2012, 12:41:34 PM10/8/12
to recons...@googlegroups.com

On Monday, October 8, 2012 1:52:39 AM UTC-7, Ian S. wrote:
Crimsonkomodo, what GPU do you have? Listing your specs will help solve the problem.

From reading on how to find out what GPU you have, I'm pretty sure I have a "Intel(R) HD Graphics Family". I'm running Windows 7 (64-bit) on a Samsung computer

Crimsonkomodo777

Oct 8, 2012, 12:56:45 PM10/8/12
to recons...@googlegroups.com
My bad, I have a NVIDIA GeForce GT 520M

Crimsonkomodo777

Oct 8, 2012, 2:12:32 PM10/8/12
to recons...@googlegroups.com
I have fixed the error by downloading this: http://software.intel.com/en-us/vcsource/tools/opencl-sdk and getting an older NVIDIA GeForce GT 520M drive and now can run Start ReconstructMe Scan OpenNI.bat. It has some lag. And I cannot run Start ReconstructMe Scan Highres OpenNI.bat this error comes up: (picture) http://dl.dropbox.com/u/58232357/New%20Error.png

Crimsonkomodo777

Oct 8, 2012, 2:37:30 PM10/8/12
to recons...@googlegroups.com
UPDATE: reverted back to most recent driver for the NVIDIA GeForce GT 520M and now there is no lag! so all you have to do to fix this problem is download this: http://software.intel.com/en-us/vcsource/tools/opencl-sdk but there still is the problem where I cannot use the hi res option for ReconstructMe

Ian S.

Oct 9, 2012, 7:24:48 AM10/9/12
to recons...@googlegroups.com
The Intel OpenCL SDK shouldn't make much difference; it is used for running OpenCL on your processor (CPU rather than GPU) or on the GPU integrated on your CPU (usually Intel 2000/3000/4000). Can you post the log from a successful reconstructme launch? That will tell us if reconstructme is using your Intel CPU (not likely), Intel GPU (likely) or the Nvidia GPU (possibly). Also, if you open a command line prompt, change directory to the reconstructme folder, and type 'reconstructme.exe --list_devices' it will show what devices are OpenCL enabled. You could have quite a few! See http://reconstructme.net/projects/reconstructme-console/usage/#changedevice
As you may not be using the Nvida GPU, it may explain why you can't do hi-res, as the integrated Intel GPU will not have enough memory.

Crimsonkomodo777

Oct 9, 2012, 2:07:06 PM10/9/12
to recons...@googlegroups.com
I figured out that it's been using my CPU. For some reason my GPU was being used for ReconstructMe before, but now it just disappeared and now it's using my CPU and it's slow again. If I uninstall the Intel OpenCL SDK then ReconstructMe cannot run cause there is no OpenCL devices. If I use --list_devices all that shows up is my CPU

Ian S.

Oct 9, 2012, 7:05:44 PM10/9/12
to recons...@googlegroups.com
Are you using it with the power plugged in? Sometimes the discrete GPU gets disabled if you're running on battery.

Crimsonkomodo777

Oct 9, 2012, 8:31:35 PM10/9/12
to recons...@googlegroups.com
Just tried it. Didn't work. Any other options?

Ian S.

Oct 10, 2012, 7:43:31 AM10/10/12
to recons...@googlegroups.com
You may need to 'force' Windows to use the Nvidia card for reconstructme. With older laptops, you have to do this in the BIOS. I think you have a newer laptop, which will use Nvidia's 'Optimus' technology to control the switching. I don't have your laptop, and I don't think you've said exactly which Samsung laptop you have, so I don't know if this is the problem, but other people have reported problems with their laptops not using the discrete (ie Nvida card) GPU for games. You may need to change some settings in the Power Options or in the Nvidia Control Panel. See this thread for examples: http://gaming.stackexchange.com/questions/72567/can-i-force-steam-to-use-my-nvidia-gpu-instead-of-the-integrated-intel-card

Crimsonkomodo777

Oct 11, 2012, 1:43:14 PM10/11/12
to recons...@googlegroups.com
I think something is just wrong with my NVIDIA GPU. It's not even showing up now

dna...@gmail.com

Dec 10, 2016, 6:17:21 AM12/10/16
to ReconstructMe

Hi I thought I would share this great with all of you. I have a quadro Nvidia graphics card in my laptop and I wanted to run reconstructme. When I started the software I kept getting the message that opencl was not found and closed.
After many frustrating hours I finally found a soluton to this problem.
Navigate to the following folder:-
C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\OpenCL

If you are running in 64 bit then copy the file opencl64.dll if you are using a 32 bit the copy the opencl.dll.

For 64 BIT USERS and this is VERY IMPORTANT. paste the opencl64.dll file into a safe location and then change the name to opencl.dll.

Now copy this file to the following location:-
C:\Windows\System32

After that start any program that requires opencl and presto it will work!

I hope this saves you a lot of grief!

ironwoo...@gmail.com

May 16, 2018, 6:09:58 PM5/16/18
to ReconstructMe