pain of production mode

Joshua Paine

May 2, 2009, 10:59:38 AM5/2/09
to Recess Framework
I like the concept of production mode, but I have yet to deploy any
substantial feature without running into problems in production mode
with code that runs fine in dev mode. Part of the problem, certainly, is
the habit I picked up pre-Recess of leaving the closing ?> off class
files. (That isn't just a personal style quirk--Zend Framework omits it,
too. Maybe Recess can get a little smarter and prevent this kind of
problem.) But there's also problems like the current one:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class ImageData
in /<redacted>/data/temp/recess.php on line 7947

Eventually I'll figure it out.

--
Joshua Paine
LetterBlock: Web applications built with joy