Recess Development Meeting - Proposed Meeting

Jamie Rumbelow

Mar 18, 2009, 4:22:44 AM3/18/09
to recess-f...@googlegroups.com

Hello,

RE the proposed meeting – I suggest Friday 20th March 9:00 GMT. Please confirm dates and times.

Jamie

Jamie Rumbelow Designer / Developer / Writer / Speaker

http://www.jamierumbelow.net | +44 (0)7956 363875 | jamie (at) jamierumbelow (dot) net

Kris Jordan

Mar 18, 2009, 11:28:30 AM3/18/09
to recess-f...@googlegroups.com
Jamie -

If we could do Sunday the 22nd or Monday the 23rd, either at 9:00pm GMT I can join the call.

I return Saturday evening.

Best,

Kris

Jamie Rumbelow

Mar 18, 2009, 11:32:46 AM3/18/09
to recess-f...@googlegroups.com

9 on the Sunday or the Monday isn’t great – I’m up early both mornings...

What about 7:00 GMT on Sunday?

Jamie Rumbelow Designer / Developer / Writer / Speaker

http://www.jamierumbelow.net | +44 (0)7956 363875 | jamie (at) jamierumbelow (dot) net

lzaiats

Mar 20, 2009, 2:57:27 PM3/20/09
to Recess PHP Framework
Hi Jamie,

I think i can participate this call too, right? How the meeting will
happen? A skype conference? 7:00pm GMT is 4:00pm here in Brazil and
it's a perfect time for me!

Sincerely,

LZ

Jamie Rumbelow

Mar 20, 2009, 3:00:11 PM3/20/09
to recess-f...@googlegroups.com
Hey,

Sure thing - if you've got some good ideas (and speak decent English), then
feel free to join us - and that applies to anyone reading this. And yes,
Skype conference call.

On 18 mar, 12:32, "Jamie Rumbelow" <ja...@jamierumbelow.net> wrote:
> 9 on the Sunday or the Monday isn't great - I'm up early both mornings...
>
> What about 7:00 GMT on Sunday?
>
> Jamie Rumbelow Designer / Developer / Writer / Speaker
>
> http://www.jamierumbelow.net| +44 (0)7956 363875 | jamie (at)
jamierumbelow (dot) net

16:25:00

06:59:00

KevBurnsJr

Mar 20, 2009, 3:00:32 PM3/20/09
to Recess PHP Framework

Sunday 7:00pm GMT Skype is good for me too. (11am PST)

- Kev

lzaiats

Mar 20, 2009, 3:04:08 PM3/20/09
to Recess PHP Framework
I promise i'll do my best with my english ;)

LZ

On 20 mar, 16:00, "Jamie Rumbelow" <ja...@jamierumbelow.net> wrote:
> Hey,
>
> Sure thing - if you've got some good ideas (and speak decent English), then
> feel free to join us - and that applies to anyone reading this. And yes,
> Skype conference call.
>
> Jamie
>
> Jamie Rumbelow Designer / Developer / Writer / Speakerhttp://www.jamierumbelow.net| +44 (0)7956 363875 | jamie (at) jamierumbelow

Joshua Paine

Mar 20, 2009, 3:20:18 PM3/20/09
On Fri, 2009-03-20 at 12:00 -0700, KevBurnsJr wrote:
> Sunday 7:00pm GMT Skype is good for me too. (11am PST)

In the US, we're not in Standard time now. It should be 12 noon PDT.
(3 PM EDT on the East coast)

--
Joshua Paine
LetterBlock: Web applications built with joy

KevBurnsJr

Mar 20, 2009, 3:27:28 PM3/20/09
to Recess PHP Framework
Right you are, thx much.

- Kev

Kris Jordan

Mar 20, 2009, 10:29:52 PM3/20/09
to recess-f...@googlegroups.com
Great, glad to see we'll have solid participation. I will circulate an agenda tomorrow evening. Look forward to it!

Kris

Kris Jordan

Mar 21, 2009, 11:31:18 PM3/21/09
to recess-f...@googlegroups.com
Looking forward to the Skype conference call tomorrow at 3pm EDT (7pm GMT). Wanted to circulate an outline agenda for the discussion:
  • Brief Introductions
  • Goals of the Recess Framework
  • This Recess Sprint
    • New Official View Layouts / Templates
    • Plumbing in recess.lang
    • Extensibility Model
  • Plug-ins Discussion
    • Comments on Kev Burns' GitHub plug-in structure
    • The First Plug-ins
      • Users & Authentication
      • Model Validations
      • Smarty Views
    • Discussion of functionality needed to get plug-ins running in Recess
  • Recess Team Discussion
    • Git and Git Hub Best Practices
    • Feature Pairs
    • Unit Tests
We should be able to move through the first half quickly and the bulk of the discussion will be around the plug-ins. If there are important discussion points which I've overlooked respond to this e-mail and we'll fit it into the agenda. We should shoot to contain the call's duration to under an hour.

Look forward to talking with you all in real-time tomorrow.

Kris

Jamie Rumbelow

Mar 22, 2009, 7:37:09 AM3/22/09
to recess-f...@googlegroups.com

Guys, I know it’s last minute but I have to go visit some family today, and won’t be back until 8:00  GMT. Is there any chance we could move it back 1 hour?

Other than that agenda looks fine – I also wanted to briefly discuss Recess’ internals (and the changes Kris has made).

Jamie

Jamie Rumbelow Designer / Developer / Writer / Speaker

http://www.jamierumbelow.net | +44 (0)7956 363875 | jamie (at) jamierumbelow (dot) net

Mar 22, 2009, 9:07:16 AM3/22/09
to recess-f...@googlegroups.com
Moving it back to 8 GMT, 4 EDT would be good for me, too. Turns out I
have a baptism to attend at 2. (Not that that wasn't scheduled
beforehand, I just wasn't paying attention.)

Kris Jordan

Mar 22, 2009, 10:57:47 AM3/22/09
to recess-f...@googlegroups.com
This works fine for me as well.