Recent life science and bioscience headlines this month ( Sept, 2010)

Ufumes

Sep 29, 2010, 7:54:33 PM9/29/10
to Recent life science and bioscience headlines and news group
Good day,

A lot happened this month in the world of biosciences, Here are some
of the most interesting happenings around the world of biosciences
this month! Feel
free to forward this mail to your friends.

Click this link ( http://nigerianbioscientist.com/news/ ) or copy and
paste it in your browser to access the whole bioscience news headlines
this month sept 2010.

You are enjoined to share your views, questions and comment in our
rapidly growing community of life scientist! http://nigerianbioscientist.com/interact

**********NIGERIAN BIOSCIENCE NEWS HEADLINES********

Prof. Nok: Africa’s sleeping sickness gene founder speaks his
discovery & health http://nigerianbioscientist.com/interact/index.php?topic=377.0

Global initiative underway to preserve yam biodiversity
http://nigerianbioscientist.com/interact/index.php?topic=376.0

Africa: Orange' maize could save eyesight of millions of African
children http://nigerianbioscientist.com/interact/index.php?topic=375.0

Nigerian Minister calls for more science reporting
http://nigerianbioscientist.com/interact/index.php?topic=374.0

Laboratory scientists seek improved health sector infrastructure
http://nigerianbioscientist.com/interact/index.php?topic=371.0

Scientists send weevils after water hyacinth
http://nigerianbioscientist.com/interact/index.php?topic=367.0

Study predicts massive impact of drought tolerant maize in Africa
http://nigerianbioscientist.com/interact/index.php?topic=365.0

>>More Nigerian bioscience news headlines could be accessed from
http://nigerianbioscientist.com/news/
>>Latest information on Nigerian Bioscience events like conferences,
workshops, seminars book launches etc can be accessed from
http://nigerianbioscientist.com/notices.html
>>Recent Nigerian bioscience related job openings can be accessed
from http://nigerianbioscientist.com/jobs.html

We welcome suggestions on recent nigerian bioscience news, conference
information and job information

*******WORLD BIOSCIENCE DISCOVERIES, NEWS & HEADLINES*******

Structure That Allows Bacteria to Resist Drugs Identified
http://nigerianbioscientist.com/interact/index.php?topic=400.0

Researchers create molecule blocks key component of cancer genes' on-
off switch http://nigerianbioscientist.com/interact/index.php?topic=399.0

Key Mechanism Behind Sleep Discovered http://nigerianbioscientist.com/interact/index.php?topic=398.0

Outsmarting Killer Bacteria http://nigerianbioscientist.com/interact/index.php?topic=397.0

Salmonella's secret weapon http://nigerianbioscientist.com/interact/index.php?topic=395.0

New technique uncovers hidden insecticide resistance
http://nigerianbioscientist.com/interact/index.php?topic=393.0

Predicting drug response http://nigerianbioscientist.com/interact/index.php?topic=392.0

Malaria's newest pathway into human cells identified
http://nigerianbioscientist.com/interact/index.php?topic=391.0

Frog Skin May Provide Antimicrobial agent Effective Against Multidrug-
Resistance http://nigerianbioscientist.com/interact/index.php?topic=390.0

Scientists Reveal Structure Of Dangerous Bacteria's Powerful Multidrug
Resistance http://nigerianbioscientist.com/interact/index.php?topic=389.0

New Material That Resembles Cilia May Revolutionize Future Sensors
http://nigerianbioscientist.com/interact/index.php?topic=388.0

Scientists Create New Process to 'Program' Cancer Cell Death
http://nigerianbioscientist.com/interact/index.php?topic=385.0

Tuberculosis: How Mycobacteria Avoid Destruction Inside Human Cells
http://nigerianbioscientist.com/interact/index.php?topic=384.0

Protein Can Regulate Blood Stem Cells: New Hope for Future Leukemia
Treatments http://nigerianbioscientist.com/interact/index.php?topic=383.0

Scientists discover new protein that gets to the roots of obesity and
osteoporos http://nigerianbioscientist.com/interact/index.php?topic=382.0

Drug-resistant germs found to help their brethren through the attack
http://nigerianbioscientist.com/interact/index.php?topic=381.0

http://nigerianbioscientist.com/news/

******GENERAL SCIENCE NEWS HEADLINES*******************

Smokers show elevated diabetes risk http://nigerianbioscientist.com/interact/index.php?topic=420.0

Cars as traffic sensors http://nigerianbioscientist.com/interact/index.php?topic=419.0

Black Motorcyclists- Even in Helmets- More Likely to Die in Crashes
http://nigerianbioscientist.com/interact/index.php?topic=418.0

Levels of toxic chemicals in the body plummet after five days eating
nothing but http://nigerianbioscientist.com/interact/index.php?topic=417.0

Drinking Coffee can Help Reduce the Risk of Diabetes
http://nigerianbioscientist.com/interact/index.php?topic=416.0

Can't Focus? Maybe It's The Wrong Time Of Month
http://nigerianbioscientist.com/interact/index.php?topic=415.0

Standing on a stepladder makes you age faster
http://nigerianbioscientist.com/interact/index.php?topic=414.0

Artificial skin gets touchy http://nigerianbioscientist.com/interact/index.php?topic=413.0

Mimicking nature, water-based 'artificial leaf' produces electricity
http://nigerianbioscientist.com/interact/index.php?topic=412.0

Acute pain is eased with the touch of a hand
http://nigerianbioscientist.com/interact/index.php?topic=411.0

Psychologist shows why we 'choke' under pressure -- and how to avoid
it http://nigerianbioscientist.com/interact/index.php?topic=410.0

New artificial skin could make prosthetic limbs and robots more
sensitive http://nigerianbioscientist.com/interact/index.php?topic=409.0

How Insulin Stimulates Fat Cells To Take In Glucose
http://nigerianbioscientist.com/interact/index.php?topic=408.0

DNA Trick May Be Clue To Cancer Cells' Eternal Life
http://nigerianbioscientist.com/interact/index.php?topic=407.0

Blood Signatures to Diagnose Infection http://nigerianbioscientist.com/interact/index.php?topic=403.0

Mimicking nature, water-based 'artificial leaf' produces electricity
http://nigerianbioscientist.com/interact/index.php?topic=402.0

Cancer risk with insulin drops http://nigerianbioscientist.com/interact/index.php?topic=401.0

>>>And lots more! See details @ http://nigerianbioscientist.com/news/

Best Regards