using navmesh in procedural environments

Sergey Lapin

Oct 5, 2020, 7:51:48 AM10/5/20
to recastna...@googlegroups.com
Hi, all!

I have an unlimited procedural environment which is generated around the player.
Potentially with origin shift when too far from zero for physics to work.
I want to use navmesh around the player for AIs to behave properly and
find detailed path.
Also for ledge detection and surface querying for fx (sound, particles).
Distant AIs use pre-generated paths.
I want the system to be scalable from low end systems to high end, so
need to be efficient.

Are there any recommendations of using libraries in a more efficient
way so as to keep the unlimited procedural nature of the world? I
don't mind load zones too much but would prefer solutions without
them... Will tiled navmesh help me here?