Multiple site keys for the same domain

Dhwaneet Bhatt

Sep 15, 2016, 1:56:00 AM9/15/16
to reCAPTCHA
Hello,

I have website in Production which is the older release which uses reCaptcha V1. Assume the address is oldrelease.dbapps.com.

We want to use reCaptcha V2 for the newer release which is going to be at newrelease.dbapps.com.

If I generate a new site-key for reCaptcha V2 and claim the domain dbapps.com, will the older site-key for reCaptcha V1 stop working on the older release? Both are hosted on the same host.

Thanks
Dhwaneet

Seth Munroe

Sep 18, 2016, 1:41:08 PM9/18/16
to reCAPTCHA
Registering a new key does not invalidate your old key. They can both be keys for the same domain.

I've used both versions on my site at the same time. I don't do that anymore but I did it when I first put in the version 2 api so that I could ease it into full production while not totally locking out users if I had problems. I did not have problems though and I turned off the version 1 entirely after only a couple of days and I've never gone back.

-Seth

Dhwaneet Bhatt

Sep 20, 2016, 5:04:41 AM9/20/16
to reca...@googlegroups.com
Thanks a lot Seth. I am going to try this one out.