The remote name could not be resolved: 'www.google.com'

Codego Ergo Sum

Oct 5, 2012, 9:46:04 PM10/5/12
to reca...@googlegroups.com
Hi, Everybody!

I am using ASP.NET 4.0.  I followed the client and server side instructions.  My page is simply the Default.aspx page.  Yet I am getting the following error.  What am I doing wrong?

Server Error in '/CAPTCHA' Application.

The remote name could not be resolved: 'www.google.com'

Exception Details: System.Net.WebException: The remote name could not be resolved: 'www.google.com'

Source Error:

Stack Trace:

[WebException: The remote name could not be resolved: 'www.google.com']
   System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetRequestStream(TransportContext& context) +6097957
   System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetRequestStream() +13
   Recaptcha.RecaptchaValidator.Validate() in D:\recaptcha-repo-dotnet\library\RecaptchaValidator.cs:134
   Recaptcha.RecaptchaControl.Validate() in D:\recaptcha-repo-dotnet\library\RecaptchaControl.cs:332
   System.Web.UI.Page.Validate() +160
   System.Web.UI.Page.Validate(String validationGroup) +109
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +86
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +10
   System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument) +13
   System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData) +36
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +5563

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.272

Adrian Godong

Oct 5, 2012, 10:01:29 PM10/5/12
to reca...@googlegroups.com
Looks like your DNS setting in your host is bad. Check with the hosting.

Adrian Godong
adrian...@gmail.com

Codego Ergo Sum

Oct 5, 2012, 11:05:38 PM10/5/12
to reca...@googlegroups.com
Hi, Everybody!

I was able to resolve my issue on my own.

I added the following to my web.config...

  <system.net>
    <defaultProxy>
      <proxy proxyaddress="http://myWebProxy.myDomain:myPort"/>
    </defaultProxy>
  </system.net>

I lifted the proxy address from my browser settings.  Find out how for your browser.

shahwaiz hasan

Jan 27, 2017, 1:59:44 PM1/27/17
to reCAPTCHA
same error from my side so what can i do please guide me thanks