ReCAPTCHA challenge image not displaying

Jonathan Harris

Jun 27, 2011, 5:39:45 AM6/27/11
to reCAPTCHA
I am having an issue getting Recaptcha to work on one of my domains, I
have tried exactly same code on another domain of mine and it works
fine on that one.

The red theme html displays fine, just the actual challenge image is
missing from within its box.

Also if I then reload the page, I get the following error: Input
error: Invalid referer

I have tried generating new keys, however I have done this numerous
times now and it doesn't solve the issue.

Any help most appreciated.

thanks,
Jonathan

PJH

Jun 27, 2011, 5:51:43 AM6/27/11
to reca...@googlegroups.com
URL of the page where the reCAPTCHA is?

> --

PJH

Jonathan Harris

Jun 27, 2011, 6:03:50 AM6/27/11
to reCAPTCHA

PJH

Jun 27, 2011, 6:08:07 AM6/27/11
to reca...@googlegroups.com
Turning the CSS off reveals a "Input error: Invalid referer " error.

Check your keys.

Jonathan Harris

Jun 27, 2011, 6:11:52 AM6/27/11
to reCAPTCHA
Yep, the keys are correct, and i have tried generating new ones a few
times now and it doesn't solve the issue.

PJH

Jun 27, 2011, 6:14:18 AM6/27/11
to reca...@googlegroups.com
Can you post your PHP code (use http://pastebin.com/ rather than
email.) Remove any private keys before posting.

Jonathan Harris

Jun 27, 2011, 6:24:02 AM6/27/11
to reCAPTCHA
yep here you go.

http://pastebin.com/sUt2nYtP

On Jun 27, 11:14 am, PJH <pauljherr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Can you post your PHP code (usehttp://pastebin.com/rather than

PJH

Jun 27, 2011, 6:50:00 AM6/27/11
to reca...@googlegroups.com
Not quite sure what's going on there.

Your public key of "6LfRhsUSAAAAAA2uleeK53ltD2rd37PnbdGGLBfW" seems to work ok:

http://www.google.com/recaptcha/api/challenge?k=6LfRhsUSAAAAAA2uleeK53ltD2rd37PnbdGGLBfW
returns the parameters I'd expect.

http://www.google.com/recaptcha/api/noscript?k=6LfRhsUSAAAAAA2uleeK53ltD2rd37PnbdGGLBfW
returns a no-script version.

The only other think I can think of for the moment is that you might
have extra spaces in line 58 inside the quotes:

$publickey = "6LfRhsUSAAAAAA2uleeK53ltD2rd37PnbdGGLBfW";

Jonathan Harris

Jun 27, 2011, 7:10:33 AM6/27/11
to reCAPTCHA
Checked line 58 and it's fine.

What is frustrating is the problem seems to be related to this domain
only, I have tried this page on another account on my server under
another domain and after generating keys for that domain it works
fine.

On Jun 27, 11:50 am, PJH <pauljherr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Not quite sure what's going on there.
>
> Your public key of "6LfRhsUSAAAAAA2uleeK53ltD2rd37PnbdGGLBfW" seems to work ok:
>
> http://www.google.com/recaptcha/api/challenge?k=6LfRhsUSAAAAAA2uleeK5...
> returns the parameters I'd expect.
>
> http://www.google.com/recaptcha/api/noscript?k=6LfRhsUSAAAAAA2uleeK53...

How to do it yourself

Jun 27, 2011, 7:35:52 AM6/27/11
to reCAPTCHA
I got a similar issue on other web sites. And if the captcha shows it
always fails.

PJH

Jun 27, 2011, 8:07:38 AM6/27/11
to reca...@googlegroups.com
Have you tried generating "global" keys instead of site specific ones?

Jonathan Harris

Jun 27, 2011, 8:27:11 AM6/27/11
to reCAPTCHA
I hadn't tried that and that seems to have solved the issue!

Thanks for your help.