Recaptcha not working on Internet Explorer 11.

Freddy Blalock

Apr 4, 2016, 11:31:25 AM4/4/16
to reCAPTCHA
Hello,

I work for a local IT company.  One of my clients has to access a website that is using Recaptcha.  When she loads the page, everything shows up but the "check here im not a robot ".  I see the submit button.  So i thought the issue was with the website builder.  Called them and they said that there was no issue on their side to try another computer.

So i tried the computer right across the hall.  It worked.  I checked all the security settings for IE 11 between both computers.  Changed the 1 computer that is not working to mirror the one that was working. Still can not get it to work.  Verified all Windows updates were on both computers.  Tried compatibility view.  Did not work.

Where or what do i do next?  Any one have any clues?

Thanks,

Freddy

Seth Munroe

Apr 4, 2016, 3:49:07 PM4/4/16
to reCAPTCHA
Just reset IE back to default for everything. Likely related to a toolbar or other add-in.

Tools >> Internet Options >> Advanced tab >> Reset...

You can try it without the option to delete personal settings first and if that doesn't work then try it with delete personal settings checked.

-Seth

Freddy Blalock

Apr 4, 2016, 4:19:42 PM4/4/16
to reCAPTCHA
I have already completed that.  Still is missing when i go to the website.

Freddy Blalock

Apr 5, 2016, 3:19:56 PM4/5/16
to reCAPTCHA
Since then,   i have uninstalled JAVA.  Ran CCleaner.  Rebooted the computer.  Did not work.  Edited group policy for the Data URI support.  Still did not work.  Tried different browsers (firefox and Chrome) Reinstalled IE 11. Still not working.  But it does work on other computers in the same office.  Makes no sense.

Seth Munroe

Apr 5, 2016, 7:27:38 PM4/5/16
to reCAPTCHA
Is the user blocked from getting to google servers somehow? Maybe a proxy setting or dns/host file settings possibly? Since it's happening with multiple browsers it seems likely to be something system or network related rather than browser setting related.

Specifically, the user has to be able to access this:
as well as:
(actually the path goes into several folders on there, but the path changes frequently).

Is it only a problem for the one site or all sites using reCAPTCHA? Try this site:

The captcha is at the bottom - don't register, but just see if the reCAPTCHA shows up correctly.

Maybe a screenshot of what's happening would help.

Kristin F

Aug 2, 2016, 9:17:42 AM8/2/16
to reCAPTCHA
Ran into a similar issue where recaptcha worked in Firefox on multiple machines but not IE. I found a solution that worked for me. Under compatibility view settings I unchecked  "Use Microsoft Computability Lists". Works fine now on BOTH pc's running ie 11. Hope it works for you.

Rocky Garg

Aug 2, 2016, 10:46:57 AM8/2/16
to reCAPTCHA
Compatibility view (removing google.com) worked for me. However, I ran in to another issue where reCaptcha did not work with WPF frame and web browser control. those controls are IE web kit based, I have issues with Checkbox widget, anyone has any suggestions?

David Zirnhelt

Oct 17, 2016, 2:36:59 PM10/17/16
to reCAPTCHA
We had a user on our site report an error so we looked into it.  Sure enough, the reCaptcha is freezing on IE11.  Works on MS Edge.
You can click the pictures when they show up, but when you click 'Verify' it stalls.  Can't even click the 'report a problem' or other links.

Anyone know if there's a way to get an update from Google on this?

pf4dm...@gmail.com

Feb 14, 2017, 1:18:43 PM2/14/17
to reCAPTCHA
A number of users are seeing intermittent errors on IE11.   It was working on my laptop until today.  Now I am getting validation errors more often than not.

Never happens with FireFox or Chrome.  Haven't tried Opera.  Believe a number of folks are using Safari on Mac.   So it's just an IE11 issue as far as I can tell.

Same issue with and without proxy on validation call, btw.

Gianluigi Bazzorini

Feb 15, 2017, 9:44:11 AM2/15/17
to reCAPTCHA

 I have a similar problem with re Captcha. reCaptcha doesn't work in Firefox, Chrome and other browsers.

Stephen Ziebarth

Feb 24, 2017, 11:49:01 AM2/24/17
to reCAPTCHA
This is still an issue.
Working as a web developer and having to account for all types of browsers it is quite a pain to fix this. I cannot simply put the instructions for compatibility settings at the top of the page so that reCaptcha will work in IE (11 & Edge).

Stephen

Ricardo Silva

May 26, 2017, 3:07:36 AM5/26/17
to reCAPTCHA
I had the same issue.  I found a setting when working with "compatibility settings".  I was able to consistently have an issue when "Display intranet sites in compatibility view".  No other browsers on the same PC had an issue.  Hope that this helps.