Downey California auction

Markem618

Sep 14, 2022, 10:20:57 PM9/14/22

It is an Iron Planet Auction, whole lot of stuff. But the old Sears
table saw is cool.

https://tinyurl.com/4cwvv3kf

k...@notreal.com

Sep 14, 2022, 10:52:43 PM9/14/22
On Wed, 14 Sep 2022 21:20:47 -0500, Markem618 <mark...@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>It is an Iron Planet Auction, whole lot of stuff. But the old Sears
>table saw is cool.
>
>https://tinyurl.com/4cwvv3kf

Phenolic wings? I don't think I've ever seen that before.

My dad had a late '40s or early '50s Craftsman table saw with cast
wings and they came out with stamped steel sometime after that but
I've not seen phenolic. I'd guess it beats steel and probably even
poorly cast iron too.

DerbyDad03

Sep 15, 2022, 2:36:00 AM9/15/22
Not quite sure a zero clearance insert could be made.

Doesn’t seem like a lot of room next to the blade on the left. What
would be left of the insert would be pretty flimsy. Hard to tell, bad
angles.

But the router tables have miter gauge slots. ;-)

Scott Lurndal

Sep 15, 2022, 9:47:42 AM9/15/22
k...@notreal.com writes:
>On Wed, 14 Sep 2022 21:20:47 -0500, Markem618 <mark...@hotmail.com>
>wrote:
>

>>It is an Iron Planet Auction, whole lot of stuff. But the old Sears
>>table saw is cool.
>>
>>https://tinyurl.com/4cwvv3kf
>
>Phenolic wings? I don't think I've ever seen that before.

The wings appear to be laminated wood, and likely home-made.

Leon

Sep 15, 2022, 9:57:09 AM9/15/22
Yeah much like the insert which looks like oak.

k...@notreal.com

Sep 15, 2022, 3:50:51 PM9/15/22
On Thu, 15 Sep 2022 13:47:37 GMT, sc...@slp53.sl.home (Scott Lurndal)
wrote:
Yeah, I think you're right. Looking closer, it looks like butcher
block.