Hitachi F-1000A jointer planer height adjustment gears do not engage

shai Prit

Jun 27, 2021, 7:22:18 PM6/27/21
I am facing a strange issue after I disassembled and reassembled the central height adjusting threaded rod. Removed the stripped nut and lock nut on the top, rethreaded the top part of the rod using M0-10 die and replaced the top nuts. However, now the gears of the crank that adjust the height are now about half inch below the gears of the threaded rod and do not engage. I looked at the schematic in the manual that I downloaded and the sequence of the fasteners ball bearings etc. look correct. I will be glad to share a link to the picture. Would appreciate any help you can offer

Thanks

Shailesh