TR-8 Router collett chuck (hitachi European model part number: 971857z)

Mark

Jul 20, 2021, 11:03:40 AM7/20/21
Hi All. A bit of a long shot...has anyone out there got either a spare or know of access to a replacement collett and chuck for my router? Labelled no.17 in the parts guide at https://www.partswarehouse.com/Hitachi-TR8-Trimmer-s/329425.htm Thanks a mill'.

With best wishes from a (surprisingly) very sunny Ireland

Mark

--
For full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/woodworking/tr-8-router-collett-chuck-hitachi-european-model-part-numbe-3144935-.htm

John McGaw

Jul 25, 2021, 1:05:44 PM7/25/21

#17 on the illustration could be any one of three different parts. Which
one is it you need?

Oh, and on my days on Inishmore and on the hike north through the Gaeltacht
to Westport it was uniformly sunny and pleasant. Well, except for the
single torrential downpour as I crossed an exposed and isolated mountain
pass. But I forgave when I got to the next pub and had a chance to dry out.

--
Bodger's Dictum: Artifical intelligence
can never overcome natural stupidity.

John McGaw

Jul 25, 2021, 7:29:19 PM7/25/21
On 7/25/2021 1:05 PM, John McGaw wrote:
> On 7/20/2021 11:03 AM, Mark wrote:
>> Hi All.  A bit of a long shot...has anyone out there got either a spare
>> or know of access to a replacement collett and chuck for my router?
>> Labelled no.17 in the parts guide at
>> https://www.partswarehouse.com/Hitachi-TR8-Trimmer-s/329425.htm  Thanks a
>> mill'.
>>
>> With best wishes from a (surprisingly) very sunny Ireland
>>
>> Mark

snipped drivel...

Whoops. Never mind. I just got around to actually reading the subject line
and saw the part number. I've done all of the searches you probably did and
hit nothing. Have you considered contacting the Metabo/Hitachi parts
department? That may be the only hope.